Why did Jaime crave Ned's approval so much?

Why did Jaime crave Ned's approval so much?

Attached: 1529389310008.jpg (478x318, 10.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BOpQqVCt-Jc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was Ned's judgement that created his kingslayer persona. He partly resents him for it, and partly wants to undo everything, but it's too late.

Daddy issues. Next.

He wanted to steal his cum

FPBP

because honor is important to him just like it is to ned, and ned's judgment of him for killing the king ruined it all despite the fact that it was his greatest, most honorable deed.

Envy, Ned was well respected by all despite being a gigantic retard while Jamie was hated despite being wise

Because Ned was the last sane man in Westeros.

Because of a finger up the bum

Honour matters to men. You clearly do not understand this, but I will refrain from speculating on why.

because the boy inside him still wished to be recognized as a gallant knight

It's been a while since I've seen the show, why did he keep it such a secrret again? I remember he said something like "You think the honorable Ned Stark wanted to hear my side? He judged me the moment he saw me" and it's like yeah, okay... but that doesn't change the facts of the matter and he was a Lannister, killing the king because he was going to torch King's Landing makes a thousand times more sense than killing him just because.

Why did Caesar cry at Alexanders tomb?

Jaime is in a very warped and weird way honorable. He accepts being the backstabber who get mocked and reviled and nobody believes the truth that he saved 500,000 people with his terrible kingslaying. Doing good things without seeking rewards and prestige is a deeper form of goodness than what people usually do. Whether Ned Stark approves of you is a considered a good metric of whether you're honorable or not, so Jaime really wanted Ned to see he's not really a slimy scheming Lannister evil guy. Problem is that he sort of it is that, while also being a very tortured version of a classical honorable knight who lost his way.

By what right does the wolf judge the lion!?

Attached: 61e10e50b4ef5eef2dba88bde70e825e.jpg (400x453, 26.39K)

ned is a normal man with a happy marriage and family which naturally makes all the dysfunctional retards in the story seethe at him

Ned didn't want to hear any of it, to him everything Jaime could say would be a cowardly excuse.
Which is why jaime, being the retarded teenager that he was when that happened, decided to keep it a secret. He was too prideful to go ask for pity, and decided to embrace his wicked reputation.

This too.
>"That boy had wanted to be Ser Arthur Dayne, but someplace along the way he had become the Smiling Knight instead."

Because of the optics of the situation. When a politician seems to steal government money for himself and then it actually turns out he was keeping the money away from even more corrupt politicians, most people would say think is bullshit because the idea of every politician being a corrupt thief is more likely than one of them actually doing something good.

kek

The thing is Ned already had his mind made up about him the second he rode into the Red Keep and Jaime on Robert's soon to be throne. He would never had heard him out. Not to mention Ned hated the Lannisters for pushy footing around for almost all of Robert's rebellion.

Yeah but Aerys was very publicly "the Mad King", everyone knew he was absolutely insane and the idea of him burning King's Landing to the ground when Robert's army was at his gates seems exceedingly plausible, even (or especially) to Ned. I don't know, it doesn't make any sense, but maybe that's just because I haven't read the books.

pussy*

This.

Jaime's whole deal is that he wants to be the gallant Knight commander like Barristan or any of the other knights he hero worshiped as a boy. That's why he joined the Kingsguard against his father's wishes.

Jaime also serves as a foil to Ned because he does the right things for the wrong reasons (while Ned does the wrong things for the right reasons). He wants Ned to see his actions for being correct even if not honorable.

youtube.com/watch?v=BOpQqVCt-Jc
So much kino thrown away by two fucking retards...

while both chads, Jaime just didn't have that intangible noble outlook and aura (for lack of a better word)
also this

No no, the idea of burning kings landing is plausible, but the idea of Jaime doing it for anyone but himself would be not.
Knowing this, Jaime knew that trying to explain himself to Stark would only make him look like a pathetic criminal trying to sneasel his way out of justice.
So he decides to smile and put on a tough guy act, which he will eventually regrets, but will never be able to drop because that would make his story seem like even more bullshit.
At least, that's my take on it.
He took a bad decision as an insecure teenager and he paid for it.

Jaime is vain and didn't want to be seen as weak, that's how I see it. You know how sometimes you see people making the wrong judgement but instead of trying to fix it you just bitterly decide it's too late anyway and nobody's mind can be changed? I think it was a bit of that, he thought a metric of honor like Ned Stark with visible contempt in his eyes would never change his mind.

He was jealous that Ned's sister was dead and that her son wasn't such a cunt.

The thing is he took an oath. Something Nedal and many others take very seriously. He was King's guard and not only did he slay the king, but sat on the throne. In A Song of Ice and Fire kinslaying and Oathbreaking are very serious crimes. He only got away with it because Robert won so he was granted amnesty and allowed to continue being kingsguard

Was it? Ned was just the first on the scene.

Ned was first on the scene and made sure everyone knew what he did