When did it jump the shark?

when did it jump the shark?

Attached: dpic9cE.png (720x540, 385.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=utHpb5udZU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Season 1 when Krusty got busted.

I think you already know the answer to that question

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 147.12K)

Lisa's Belly

Episode 300

When it did something political that I disagreed with.

Attached: 8081m544yye81.jpg (1498x2160, 795.07K)

>Marge, I'm confused.png

youtube.com/watch?v=utHpb5udZU8

I miss Phil Hartman

Attached: 1645375480315.jpg (1800x1805, 502.53K)

Unironically the NYC episode

>Unironically the NYC episode
Why? It's the best season 9 episode by a mile which makes sense when you find out it's a season 8 hold over.

This was the first time I ever thought, "This is fucking stupid" when watching the Simpsons.

Attached: tumblr_53cf695584281e4daa8338276668b9c2_b8cc1430_500.gif (480x360, 1.61M)

was this before or after homer got raped by pandas

When Phil Hartman died.

For me, the Armand Tanzarian episode is probably a candidate, or maybe when the killed off Maude.
I could humor an argument for Homer's Enemy, the way it utterly exposes everything about unreal about the simpsons. But it's too good.

It was never good

when Homer was on death row, and it was a game show all along.
it was a funny the game parody but it was definitely a shark jump

Same. It was this one and the screamapillar episode that completely killed the show for me.

Too bad his wife didn't.

Attached: sharkjump.gif (480x360, 1.2M)

Honestly, maybe.

that's not funny

how was it so good for the first seasons is a better question

you're the only one. guy was a junkie

Simpsons died after season 9

Maude's death

Armand Tanzarian

Because Groening, although a neolib dick sucker, did have real talent, and had almost a decade of experience running his "Life In Hell" comic.
Groening had also become a family man by the late 1980s so was able to relate (at first). Homer was his self-insert in the first few seasons as much as Bart was. So, sometimes, he let Homer have the W, as when he stood up to Monty Burns after Burns sexually-harassed Marge.
As to when "The Simpsons" died, that's probably about when Groening quit giving a shit. Maybe 1999 when Groening shifted his attentions to "Futurama".

>Phil Hartman, universally beloved by all of mankind, is brutally murdered by his drug-addicted skank wife
>meanwhile, his eternally strung-out and universally-hated costar Andy Dick, who can't go a week without groping some guy and getting the shit beat out of him, lives on for decades...
God truly has a demented sense of humor

This thread smells lile cheese

ye

>le 1940s radio ad man voice
guy was a hack
sneed btw

Lisa The Vegetarian

Honestly, not yet. I still watch every new episode religiously and I'm almost always crying with laughter by the five minute mark.

How dare you.

Attached: 1609643304.gif (400x300, 3.79M)

The rot set in before then but this episode is how I mark the inflection point between old Simpsons and new Simpsons

Attached: image_2022-05-24_012408391.png (520x599, 380.22K)

i've always argued it's when a show has on a famous guest star as themself
which is why michael jackson is the shump jarking episode

What really annoyed me about that episode was including Krusty in the celebrity worshipper crowd.
He used to personally fly Dean Martin to Vegas in his small aircraft.
It would have made more sense to have a score to settle with Baldwin or something.

>Because Groening, although a neolib dick sucker, did have real talent, and had almost a decade of experience running his "Life In Hell" comic.
As far as I know, Groening had almost no involvement with the show beyond developing the original characters. He was co-showrunner for the first two seasons, but it was mostly James L. Brooks and Sam Simon doing all the work, and he only has writing credit for a few episodes in the entire series.