Just saw the Terror. Fucking 10/10

Just saw the Terror. Fucking 10/10

Realisitically, did the crew have any chance of survival? Were they really that fucked?

Attached: p15107311_b_h8_ab.jpg (1280x720, 167.88K)

they all would have survived if they just listened to Mister Hickey instead of that bog bastard Crozier

Tried watching this on a transatlantic flight a few years back. Got through three episodes, or however many until the “monster” showed up.
Pretty gay. Didn’t finish, won’t rate.

gb2plebbit

Supposedly the winters in the specific years were really harsh. They probably didn't really stand a chance.
Either way, a rewatch really helped me grasp the individual characters' fates much better. I really love that about the show - the cast of thirty or so characters all have a clear arc, and while you don't get to see every minute of their life, you can keep track of most of the crew.

>all their food was contaminated with lead the whole time
gee what do you think guys, did they have a chance?

They probably could have made it, but they'd have to start eating the dead or something

>Supposedly the winters in the specific years were really harsh. They probably didn't really stand a chance.
Shit yeah they were, this was the same time period as the Donner Party's shitstorm

Kinda wish the bear was removed entirely and it was just 100% driven by most men being good while some men are weak enough to be corrupted by one evil man. The story of kinship in the face of natures uncaring plight was enough.

Attached: 1586844056374.jpg (600x600, 40.12K)

It is a 9/10, it would be a 10/10 with better bear. Otheriwse it was amazing. Why both great arctic british stories, Terror and The North Water both include sodomy?

They had a good idea to reach the settlements located in continental Canada but for some reason they failed. Maybe they waited too long and didn't have enough energy? The ice kept the ships trapped throughout the entire year which was abnormal. There are stories of people escaping similar seemingly hopeless conditions like Campbell's Northern Party on Terra Nova or Shackleton's Weddell Sea Party. So perhaps they were just too tired to finish their journey and the survivors had to go back to the ships.

the bear is a metaphor for homosexuality

Did these other expeditions have the men surviving on lead poisoned rations for an entire year? I can imagine their bodies were pretty screwed by that point.

>Realisitically, did the crew have any chance of survival? Were they really that fucked?
What? They really died you retard

>Donner Party
Interesting, I haven't heard about this. I'll read up on it, thanks!

The first guy die of lead poisoning before the boat getting stuck, they were already dead at this point

>all these retards ITT talking about magical bears and shit

It was lead poisoning, they were driven mad by collective hysteria.

They even explain it in one of the episodes.

As much fresh meat as it was possible, pemmican, non-perishables, biscuits. But that's for sledging journeys. If the expedition managed to establish headquarters they could eat decently. Of course it's not like any of them had more than a hundred people to feed. I've never heard of any example of food poisoning unless it was something like dog livers. But nothing that's supposedly a result of Victorian-era quality control.

Fucking zoomer

They had a chance had the captain made a decision to send out an expedition sooner as Jared Harris' character persuasively argued for

Thought they discovered that traces of lead were pretty normal for Victorians.

They should've had some men dedicated to learning seal hunting and ice fishing. It wouldn't have been enough to feed everyone but if they had enough guys doing it maybe they could've lasted significantly longer.

>Realisitically, did the crew have any chance of survival? Were they really that fucked?
It was a rather fucked situation due to their rations all having lead poisoning. Their only hope was begging the Inuit for help, but the British at the time believed it was a horrible insult for a man to get help from a savage so they didn't bother. Most would have still died anyways, but some could have survived until help came in 1850.

Yeah. That's why the entire nation of victoria no longer exists. They all died from lead poisoning.

Does collective hysteria rip you apart, destroy tents, make you hallucinate collectively at the same time etc?