I don't fight in tournaments, because when I fight a man for real, I don't want him to know what I can do

>I don't fight in tournaments, because when I fight a man for real, I don't want him to know what I can do.
Was it based or cope?

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 60.87K)

It was based because Eddard was holding his own against the literal greatest living swordsman before he took a spear in the leg.
I haven't seen the fight in a while but I wouldn't be surprised if Jaime felt fear for a second. Season 1 was the best.

It was basically Boromir fighting Aragorn - he'd probably lose but it's closer than you think.

cope
he couldn't fight for shit

It was a based remark but the true motivation was that Ned had PTSD and hated seeing fighting.

>he couldn't fight for shit
Also this. Ned was not a great fighter. Sure he could survive, but his skill was leadership. Bobby B was the S tier warrior. Ned gave authority bonus to comrades. The reason why everyone thought he was hot shit is because he lied about solo'ing Arthur Dayne

It was based. If you can't overpower you opponent, then outmaneuver him. Ned had been watching Jaime fight for years, Jaime had never seen Ned fight

it was better in the books.
>in rain
>on horse
>outside a brothel
>at night
>Eddy's horse dies and fall on his leg and crushes it

I thought it was pretty good in the show. Jaime stabs Eddard's right hand man in the eye showing that he's not just a good fighter but also willing to do anything to win.
I was here on Any Forums while it was airing and people rooted for Jaime up until he dies like a cuck in the final season.

I remember people wanted to fuck shota Bran back then. Good times

It was cope. Ned Stark was a honorable man, a good soldier, a good lord, but he wasn't a great fighter. His "main" scene about his fighting prowess against Dayne is something we've never seen and later turns out to be a complete lie, he never actually bested the man in combat. So his only call to combat ability is fradulent. Jaime was far better.

>Bobby B was the S tier warrior.
Could Jaime have beaten Bobby B in his prime?

Jaime certainly thought so, his main strength apparently was that he was absurdly fast without having any STR drawback. GRMM thought so too. But who knows.

>Could Jaime have beaten Bobby B in his prime?
Probably not if Robert was fighting seriously. The dude smashed through an entire army to kill one guy.

>“No one can fault Lannister on his courage,” Glover said. “When he saw that he was lost, he rallied his retainers and fought his way up the valley, hoping to reach Lord Robb and cut him down. And almost did.”
>“He mislaid his sword in Eddard Karstark’s neck, after he took Torrhen’s hand off and split Daryn Hornwood’s skull open,” Robb said. “All the time he was shouting for me. If they hadn’t tried to stop him-”

Other people were playing Chivarly during battle, Jaime was playing DOOM: Eternal and soloing hordes.

The difference is that Jaime was stopped. Bobby B wasn't stopped.

Bobby B met Rhaegar on the Trident where he spilled the rubies in the river. Robb was hanging back and Jaime to break through to to get him.

>Any Forums was rooting for the blonde good looking alpha swordsman who fucks his sister
Shocking

>he lied about solo'ing Arthur Dayne
he didn't solo arthur dayne????

Attached: spurdo beaver.jpg (500x385, 22.02K)

>but I wouldn't be surprised if Jaime felt fear for a second.
I assure you he didn't. He might've been pleasantly surprised but never afraid. Jaime had seen better.

Based, but because he successfully bluffed.
He knew he probably couldn't take Jaime. And he also knew the only reason Jaime wanted a duel was because he thought Ned took out Arthur Dayne.
If Ned fought Jaime and lost he'd have exposed he couldn't have beaten Dayne.

>Robb was hanging back and Jaime to break through to to get him.
Bobby B was stuck behind two armies in a several hour long stalemate and broke it by smashing through everyone to find Rhaegar on the Trident. Jamie going through 10 men was impressive but it's nothing compared to Robert's rage.

Also, Bobby B won. Jamie got captured.

>Could Jaime have beaten Bobby B in his prime?
GODS HE WAS STRONG

>but I wouldn't be surprised if Jaime felt fear for a second.
lmao yeah right

It was cringe. Ned was a average fighter fuck D&D

Probably not fear, but anticipation. It was a fight he wanted and didn’t know he was going to get.

Relative to either Jaime or Robert, how good really were those other people? And in the case of Robert, Bobby B doesn't seem like the sort of guy that messes about (either due to a sense of chivalry or desire for showboating) when it would come to battle.
I would say most likely Robert wins. He is focused, strong, skilled and experienced. Even if Jaime is perhaps the better duellist, I don't see him being that greater as to off set Robert's strength, endurance and determination. Additionally, I am not a weapons guy but, with both parties being armoured, does the hammer (wielded by the very strong Bobby B) not give Robert a advantage?

For Jaime to win he probably needs to finish it very quickly. You could also get a scenario in which Jaime does land a mortal attack but, you get a situation with Bobby B and the boar - a fatally wounded Robert ends up overpowering and killing Jaime in a hand-to-hand brawl or something.