I have to say, this show has really great fucking direction, some of the best I've see...

I have to say, this show has really great fucking direction, some of the best I've see, only to be offset by some of the worst fucking writing ever. How is this even possible?

Attached: R(4).jpg (630x1200, 90.99K)

you're judging the writing through Any Forums lenses. Watch the show as yourself.

I don't know about Any Forums, I just think stuff like the bomb app customer service and the Wolverine child is just beyond retarded.

its a funny show

i think your retard

>a new hit series
how do they know it's a hit if it hasn't come out yet

Because it's about a hit man.

Victim of its own success (women writers)

Oh well, I'll give it the rest of this season before I give up on it
But this 30 minute episode bullshit is what really kills it for me. I don't need special effects and stunts every 5 minutes, can we just have 1 hour eps with some fucking character development???

>misses the point of an absurdist black comedy
its not supposed to be realistic user, its a live action cartoon

This latest season has been so fucking trash with writing that it seems like a blue hair tranny infiltrated the team

the vast majority of the writers for the show are men, and of the 24 episodes only 8 are written by women. In fact the later seasons have less women writers than season 1.

You're fucking retarded and the world would be better if you killed yourself.

you're retarded and obviously cant understand satire

They don't take turns writing. They sit around a table and there's one lead writer and they talk about what is written and make changes.

It's pretty obvious that the team got infiltrated.

It’s written for zoomers. This means it’s more interested in writing scenes that are designed to convince you that the writing is great than actually being great and letting the work speak for itself. It’s like a film student wrote the show. That’s why literally every scene is so painfully queues up for drama or humor. The writers have no sense or pacing or dynamics. Every scene has to be some attempt at being a masterpiece or some cohen-bros level thing. It’s exhausting and ultimately unfulfilling.

You're 100% right, most of Any Forums is too stupid to recognize how tonally off those two episodes were.

>S1 Barry: a mild mannered psychopath who realises what he's doing is wrong and wants to be a better person but doesn't quite grasp human emotions so takes acting classes.
>S3 Barry: An autistic rage monster who thinks creepily outlining how to stalk and gaslight a woman into suicide would be a good way to get your ex back.

The show's writing has gone off a cliff.
>Written by Emily Heller
Now it makes sense

Attached: images (1).jpg (1080x1440, 293.75K)

The girl got wrote as a joke because they didn't want to write her into the story and made her a crazed animal as a joke and then no one would think about how she knows about Barry and Fuches and could pick them out of a lineup.

The App was just off. I get that it was supposed to be funny but it would have been funnier to have Barry overhearing them talk about really dumb shit like... The size of their poop that morning or something. In a normal world, maybe some over the top gay stuff that even gays would laugh at. But in the end we know it would get shredded in the Twitverse.

Seems to be offering pretty one dimensional take of Barry’s character this season instead of treating him with complexity. At least that’s my view. Short hair assistant girl seems like a People magazine audience review insert

It isn't just that but he's doing a lot of stuff that seems out of character.

He's supposed to be a good guy that fucked up one time and Fuches took him when he was in that fragile time and used him. He was supposed to be smarter than the other characters, which is what made it so likable- he's literally me etc, but now he's gone down a dark path and they're just writing him like we haven't gotten to know the character over the past 3 seasons.

Hiasus, writers change, making it up as they go along, white men bad, etc. All the problems most shows run into at some point these days

Holy shit. I'm not alone in this madness. It's like absolute two different characters, two different shows. Why they destroy everything that has potential or anything good. Why. Eternal why. Why nobody stops them. Why. Why. Why they approve the destruction. Why...

Keep the show going. All that matters are the views and subscriber numbers. The lead actor obviously isn't happy about it because he wants full writing control for next season, but at this point I'm not sure it deserves another one.

Like American Patriot s1, it was a nice snapshot of kino. The nature of the industry is what it is.

Rather just watch Mr.Inbetween for the 5th time then watch this garbo.