Did you pick your wild berries today, yuroanon?

Did you pick your wild berries today, yuroanon?
What was it?
Is there a list of your wild/domesticated berries?
Is there a tradition related to berry picking?

Attached: blog-20170719-20170719-IMG_2105_.jpg (900x600, 560.33K)

berries are the most overrated fruits

The UK is covered in these

Attached: blackberries1.jpg (1556x1234, 350.9K)

>berrypicker as fuck

No, here rains
Also those in you pic are domesticated berrys and dont grow wild

does the region also grows bilberries?
pic is just a placeholder of course. actually I wanted to put the frog cartoon eating berries but I don't have one atm.

I actually noticed it has "mustikka" and "lakka" which grow wild. I dont think lakka grows in my are though.

>bilberries
Yeah but I know them as blueberries

In my village, we pick many berries. ᘇᗒᔆ, ᙦᒡᙤ, ᙣᒡᙜ, ᗧᐣᗺᒡᙣᑊ, ᐧᐉᐣᙌ, and my favourite, ᗾᐣᘍᐉ (Saskatoon berry). My household makes ᘍᐉᘶᔆ berry cakes every week. They're important to the village because we're surrounded by vast forests in every direction with berry bushes everywhere. Been that way for hundreds of years and I see no reason to stop.

Attached: sask berry.jpg (1200x900, 293.74K)

woah how did you do those squiggles?

Because it's the language I speak lol. Wasn't really familiar with their english names so I just said fuck it and wrote them in Dakelh.

Attached: Screenshot_20220612-194609_DuckDuckGo.jpg (1080x784, 87.94K)

based inuit user, where are you located in Canada?

Me and my mom picked 6 liters of bilberries a few weeks ago, though it wasn't season quite yet so we'll do it again in a few weeks and I'll try and bring home at least 20 liters

Not Inuit lol. The scripts are both apart if the Canadian Aboriginal Syllabary, so I can't blame the confusion.

I'm in the central-B.C. area around Prince George.

I see, so the wild berries that grows in your area?
Hmm, I thought blueberries are the sweet ones and the bilberries with true blue skin has the tangy taste.
any pics of those berries?

This is garden berries, not wild.

do you have quotas on how much one can pick? what are you gonna do with the berries? wine? cakes? or preserved?

I might go pick some blueberries this week, there's a pretty nice forest area right next to my place

yeah sorry m8 I'm not very familiar with the canadian aboriginal languages, is the spoken language much different from arctic circle peoples' or is it part of the same familiy?
also how isolated is your community?

We have mustikka and puolukka. Also wild strawberry but its rare, you might see couple berries somewhere and eat them
Also pihlajanmarja is very common but they are rarely picked by people

No, they're essentially limitless even when we bring planeloads of thai people (very skilled berry pickers btw) to pick them for us, sweden is like 60% forest and they grow everywhere. I'll freeze them and eat as is or in yoghurt, or I'll bake with them, or I'll make some jam.

We have a berry that I've never heard of any other country consuming at all called sloe berries

They're very tart so people soak them in gin for ages to make it into a special thing called sloe gin

Attached: sloe_berries_29c6bd28df.jpg (1800x1013, 149.72K)

ᘇᗒᔆ is the only one I can't translate. Picrel is what I got from a dictionary. The rest are cranberries, strawberries, raspberries and huckleberries in no order.
It's okay. Inuit, for instance, is an Eskimo-Aleut language, Dakelh is an isolated Athabaskan language. They are not similar in any way—like Danish is to Italian.
See for yourself on picrel (Dakelh is called Carrier on the map because that's its English name)

Attached: code-talkers-native-languages-map-languages.png (2764x2694, 844.93K)