So how is this any different than capeshit

So how is this any different than capeshit

Attached: MV5BN2EyZjM3NzUtNWUzMi00MTgxLWI0NTctMzY4M2VlOTdjZWRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_.jpg (1978x2936, 2.42M)

Everything is capeshit if you're schizo enough about it.

No post credits scene.

>Miyazaki, at the time, reflected on the destructive messages he often found in Hollywood films. According to him, these films tend to push a narrative that believes wrongdoing can only be punished through bloodshed, and that the slaying of countless lives of innocent individuals is permissible so long as it brings retribution to evildoers.

>“Americans shoot things and they blow up and the like, so as you’d expect, they make movies like that,” Miyazaki expressed at the time. “If someone is the enemy, it’s okay to kill endless numbers of them. Lord of the Rings is like that.”

>Continuing on, Miyazaki stated, “The Lord of the Rings is a movie that has no problem doing that [not separating civilians from enemies, apparently]. If you read the original work, you’ll understand, but in reality, the ones who were being killed are Asians and Africans. Those who don’t know that, yet say they love fantasy are idiots.”

>“Even in the Indiana Jones movies, there is a white guy who, ‘bang,’ shoots people, right? Japanese people who go along and enjoy with that are unbelievably embarrassing,” Miyazaki reportedly stated in a resurfaced interview. “You are the ones that, ‘bang,’ get shot. Watching [those movies] without any self-awareness is unbelievable. There’s no pride, no historical perspective.”

I know you're just baiting, but for me it's because it takes itself seriously in a way that not many movies do anymore. Marvel movies can't go five minutes without one of the action figure tie-ins making a dumb quip or "witty" comment on the situation. LOTR just lets you get immersed in the world, it lets you listen to the characters, what they desire and how they feel.

Only one of the heroes has magic powers, and the rest of them spend their entire screen time running away from shit

"capeshit" is a meme from the 2010s reddit meme decade
that's not like it

Capeshit:
>has super heroes
>comic books as source material
You tell me

How many quips are there user?

Attached: 1047D267-E618-45E3-BD86-E20D460FFB91.gif (373x498, 945.26K)

>muh quips make it le different!!!
there are actually a number of quips, you fucking spaz

not having quips doesn't make something non-capeshit. see, Joker

>washed-up codger whose heyday has long since passed says dumb opinion
>story at 11

"Just hold hands and make peace with beings of incarnate evil who just wiped out your entire village and killed your children, baka gaijin"

Not being about superheroes and not being based on a comic book make it not capeshit

>Not being about superheroes

it's literally a story about an 8 foot tall ubermensch who becomes king with the help of a magician who has to defeat an ancient evil. it's literally the most generic capeshit

/thread

A number of quips? I should clarify that when I say quip, I'm talking about when a character says something like "Wow isn't it wacky that I'm a buff Nordic dude with a big hammer?" Turning the worldbuilding into a joke. LOTR has funny moments but you don't see Merry and Pippin go "Wew ain't it crazy that we're short people with hairy feet and stuff lol"

>it's still counts as one!
>Don't throw a dwarf!
>And my axe!
>Just don't tell the elf.
>So that's it huh? We're some type of fellowship of the ring?
>I don't see how that's a party.
>That's my secret. I'm always white.
It unironically became capeshit in last two films.

So not a superhero?

Attached: 1595274698080.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

For one they wear cloaks, not capes

Unironically true, fuck the Aragorn subplot and how much time it took up

>it became about superheros and was based off a comic book in the last two movies
?

It wasn't filmed in georgia

Attached: 1652299275724.png (1024x1024, 1.21M)