Why does every movie monster looks like this now

Why does every movie monster looks like this now

Attached: cloverfield monster.jpg (500x500, 40.94K)

Attached: quite place monster.png (860x945, 708.7K)

Attached: love death robots s2.jpg (740x370, 33.06K)

Attached: love death robots s1.png (1518x765, 505.47K)

Attached: godzilla muto.png (801x1207, 519.91K)

This one is a bit different but still the same "bat" like limbs

Attached: stranger things.jpg (1600x900, 170.58K)

Americans have no imagination.

Attached: Inframan deflects maces.gif (600x256, 1.1M)

And i'm pretty sure there's even more monsters like that in vidya

Attached: Darkstalker_DS2.jpg (1920x1080, 549.22K)

lanklets are so unattractive they're considered monsters

Lazy artists

Attached: 678d24d6c5f2a46f4d14b92592dcbd06.jpg (686x350, 56.23K)

Artists are not the ones who make the decisions

some of these were created by the same guy

ENTER

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1050x494, 53.01K)

Based CloverChads conquering pop culture

it's more likely the fault of talentless producers with a complete lack of creativity

I give MUTO a pass, mainly because of its original paper-clip remover head design and because the female was conceptualized as using her wings as limbs.

Otherwise yeah I've noticed it too OP, everything has been Cloverfield on repeat.

Xenomorph with human skin.

Basically they're monkes

Attached: atm6-walker-star-wars-3D_600.jpg (600x600, 51.25K)

Cloverfield.

The main reason I think muto is a unique design is how they integrated angular shapes into a very organic design. It's a neat juxtaposition

I feel for most of these designs, there probably was a more unique idea from the artists, but the people at the decision-making levels kept shaving things down until they looked like the same, lanky, pale spider/humanoid thing

I"M COOOOOOOMING!

Attached: I don't feel so good....gif (320x240, 360.7K)

design by committee and focus test groups

>Americans are bad at monster des…
Woah

Attached: 06FFB57B-C5B1-4A29-9C1B-30CF999AF457.jpg (753x567, 246.88K)

Autism about biological plausibility in giant monsters means that you need to make them all lanky quadrupeds even though the entire premise of giant monsters is about not giving a shit about the square cube law or biomechanics.

ds2 has some more of them, too lazy to find a pick

Goood DAMN it
If you think about any of the technology in starwars for more than 2 seconds the concepts completely fall apart logistically. TLJ made the massive mistake of trying to add nuance to the mechs/ships to make their encounters more dramatic but at the expense of drawing the viewers attention away from the fantasy and more toward the sci-fi, and as a sci-fi the tech in starwars is completely batshit insane.
The original atat worked because it symbolized a big tank with a big gun. Sure, it walked, that's kindof weird but whatever. Then in TLJ they start throwing in additions to make the atat more specialized for certain environments/whatever which gets the audience thinking about their pros/cons in the previous movies... which gets us thinking about how easy it would be to destroy them... which gets us thinking about how loony all of starwars is. The whole movie was like this
FUCK I hate that movie

Only the Muto and Clover are giants