Interracial marriage ends in abuse and psychological trauma

>interracial marriage ends in abuse and psychological trauma
What did Garland mean by this?

Attached: men_poster_jpg_960x0_crop_q85.jpg (960x1422, 159.54K)

POST A TORRENT LINK OR MEGA LINK IN 4K QUALITY MINIMUM OR FUCK OFF YOU SHILL PIECE OF SHIT

>the real monster is patriarchy!
Whoa... powerful...

Obviously Ex Machina was amazing. I liked Annihilation in moments but overall it fell flat for me. I can't get a single real read about thia movie. My trailer impression is that I won't like it very much. Anyone want to spoil it and start a real discussion? I never care about spoilers for media I am ambivalent about.

If there is going to be a discussion about MEN it needs to happen before the torrent drops. EEAAO was a blatant insight into how this trash board works. I was able to have decent discussions focused on the ideas with threads that barely broke 10 posts before the torrent. Now it's just ragebait central. Let's try to sneak in a good MEN thread before it is too late.

Man bad woman good

the nigger husband of the main character abuses her, threatens suicide when mc proposes divorce and actually proceeds with it, she sees his mangled body in gruesome detail gets traumatized, goes to a remote village to relax, there weird bullshit starts happening, people with almost identical faces harass her, they're all men, at the end there's a weird ass scene of these men giving birth to each other ending with her dead husband being born, cuts to the next day, mc sits on a porch, her sister arrives, you expect this all to be a dream but her sister enters the home and sees the aftermath of this weird shit, many bodies, the end

sounds really soi

Wait was there actually more after the credits? My entire theater left after the credits started rolling so I figured there wasn't anything after the sister arrives.

torrent when

i made up the ending because i thought it would've been much better than what happened

For a second I thought I genuinely missed something that might have mildly changed my opinion on the actual ending.

Garland really missed an opportunity here, there was blood there tho

Yeah I noticed that. I liked the first hour of the film for the most part but the writing was just not good and having a shock ending doesn't really justify the whole experience. I know Annihilation had a pretty mixed reception but I thought it was pretty good overall. Even more so compared to this.

Is this what passes as psychological horror these days? What's next, some Caucasians have a picnic and then everyone around them falls on the floor in a panic?

Its not psychological horror, it's a24 slowburn crap.
Every single one of 'their' movies is the same, all while calming to be different from 'those cheap jumpscare horror movies'

sounds based

Glad you think watching grown men gove birth to already grown men is normal

so this guy is just getting progressively worse with each movie he makes? or was ex machina a fluke?

How would you guys do psychological horror? Even Repulsion used this formula and it’s from the 50s.

Looks like my hesitation was justified. There's a lot to like in Annihilation, but it has weird lows and lulls. This came off as nothing but lulls from the trailer. If a weird male birth ritual is really the climax the film is built around then I'm definitely passing. Just seems like a completely retarded idea that nobody would be able to spin into being earned.

Strange that Garland would fixate on so bizarre a scene. I do a decent amount of writing, so I understand getting hit by bizarre scenes from your subconscious. Sometimes they are impossible to narratively justify. They can only exist in isolation and adding a contextual narrative alongside them either changes the meaning or is dull and uninteresting.

My hunch is this is what is going on with Garland. I have one pet favorite intrusive scene, but I've sat on it for 5 years and slowly let an engaging context organically develop around it. It's still only about 80% worked out.

retarded meme by people who only watched Hereditary and the rest got from shitposting

It's probably some metaphor, if it was revealed the sequence was 100% real like I proposed it would have been better as aside from being some metaphor about muh relation of masculinity and femininity it would add am actual mystical element but he decided to go for generic le ambiguous ending

What even is the metaphor? That abusive men are constantly being created and that they are all interchangeable just wearing different faces? That's such a weak narrative theme. That's the kind of idea you start with as a character flaw that you challenge and change over the course of the narrative, not an endpoint. It's too hollow and sparse to carry as a main theme.

>men giving birth to men
based we do not need women anymore, a true gay utopia