Who did it better? Eggers or Mel?

Who did it better? Eggers or Mel?

Attached: 1635382621491.png (931x681, 810.71K)

Did what better?

Refn.

Attached: images[1].jpg (960x1440, 167.41K)

Apocalypto is savage kino.

Gay and no, it was trash.

the northman was better as savage kino, there are almost no battle scenes in apocalypto

They're two very different films with two very different objectives which they both fully accomplish.

I watched Apocalypto a couple days after I saw the Northman cus I've been putting it off for years and some mates recommended it. Very similar historical kino with classic hero's journey plot. Apocalypto was more ambitious and was a nicer looking film overall, Northman unfortunately suffers from blue-grey medieval filter syndrome. However Northman had better acting and more compelling secondary characters. I'd say Apocalypto is a better film overall and more likely to stay in the public consciousness than The Northman, but I'm glad a kino like Northman can still be made in current year

need to see this, big fan of Drive and Only God Forgives and Mads is kino.

Apocalypto easily.
The story is actually interesting and grips you from start to finish. Plus its a fairly original setting whereas Northman feels like the same shit you've seen a million times before but a bit more Vikingy instead of Medieval Englandy.

Northman would have been a lot better if we just followed wolfbear turning into a berserker and raiding shit till he rose up the ranks. Its like the movie cuts itself off at the knees as we go from an epic battlefield to some backwater farm.

revenge action flick set in the ooga-booga period

I am Jaguar Paw, son of Flint Sky. My Father hunted this forest before me. My name is Jaguar Paw. I am a hunter. This is my forest. And my sons will hunt it with their sons after I am gone.

/thread

Both are great movies.

Apocalypto and it's not even close

Mel should have done both, his viking movie will never be done at this rate, so this is as best we'll get, sadly

Attached: It's all so tiresome.jpg (1221x691, 82.64K)

Based Mel
Eggers and Refn are pseuds

Mel... Obviously. They even spoke their native language.

>Northman, great first act
>Apocalypto, Kino in every aspect and it makes youtube critics seethe

Apocalypto is like 3x as good.. maybe even 5x whoa

Mel.

Attached: 014618740739.jpg (900x600, 295.54K)

Visually it's kino but other than that it's stale

You know who

Attached: mel-gibson-weight-loss.jpg (954x636, 341.2K)

kino, get hype