She is right, you know

She is right, you know

Attached: 562DAFD5-ECAA-4E5E-A278-F73F49FF4AE5.jpg (750x753, 150.4K)

I don't know what she's talking about

Attached: 1538278920346.webm (711x400, 2.71M)

She IS right, but she IS also a woman so hard to say.

I believe the joke is that mad max is Australian? Do I get a cookie?

Seriously who the fuck is Melkor?
Why didnt we get a 5 minute info dump so we know what he is talking about?

Attached: 1644646298309.png (1200x675, 570.01K)

It's pretty much just Fury Road that doesn't explain important plot points. The others are very straight forward. The entire plot of Mad Max 2 is two gangs fighting over petrol.

Of course she's right. That's why movies feel so bloated nowadays. Almost every 21st century movie over 2 hours long could easily have 30 minutes cut and be much better for it.

she cute :)

I'm actually thinking she's wrong and the shift in writing trends has to do more with the browning of America and our declining average IQ than wikis and autistic fans. For example, just imagine what the typical test audience looks like now in 2022 vs what it would have looked like in the 80s.

She's talking about how Hollywood movies are dog shit now in that you have to explain every minutia of detail to a brain dead audience who can't fill in the blanks themselves or suspend disbelief without being given some explanation of how it might work in the real world.

If it wasn't for bloated budgets requiring every movie to make hundreds of millions of dollars, it would be totally fine if movies appealed to smaller audiences and not the stupidest, lowest common denominator.

>mad max
>american

This is why I don't listen to women's opinions

mad max doesn't explain shit. you're thrust into a decaying world where law enforcement is fighting a loosing battle against vicious crime. you don't know how the world became that way because it doesn't matter.

>what is reading comprehension

yeah, I'm pretty shitface right now

Yep, she's right.

mad max compared to american movies

Should I watch the other mad max movies before fury road?

why didn't she name the real culprit?

Attached: 1586453774065.png (360x360, 140.47K)

>loreautist seething incoming

Attached: 1624657643030.png (605x575, 529.4K)

Holy shit is that edited or is it really like that?

Something about a fuel shortage (and then they added the concept of the nuclear war in Thunder Dome). The rest is inferred. That's not really important, because that's not the plot though. The plot is what happens between Max and the other characters.
You could say the same about just about any movie. What does a moisture farmer do in Star Wars? Doesn't really matter. It's just background detail.

People who dislike world building tend to be low IQ anti-racist types in my experience. World building appeals to people with a natural, inborn curiosity, a desire to know more. The unintelligent can't relate, and seethe about it forever.

might as well just watch the whole series at that point, will take less time

the internet ruined so much
but I can't get off it
fuck you

I hate “he’s right ya know” posting but she’s not really wrong . Everything is over explained but that’s probably because they have to make movies for foreigners now

>What does a moisture farmer do in Star Wars?
The very name explains what they do and it being a desert world sounds like a profession someone would have.

And similarly you cold say about Mad Max "there's a fuel shortage, and law and order has broken down" pretty much explains it. I'm not seeing the difference.

I was watching “it happened one night “ they mentioned the biblical story about walls of Jericho and at the end of the movie there is a pay off where the main character blows his horn.
There wasn’t any real explanation to this because the film makers knew that the average American would know that story
Now that scene would just be cut out or have five minutes explaining it.
Americans had a shared culture where a rich college educated Hollywood writer would understand the same thing a poor illiterate dirt farmer from Alabama would get.
Now try to make a movie that a ESL cholo and a Chinese bug man would understand…you need to explain literally everything because it would be incomprehensible to both of them