Is any Resident Evil movie worth watching if you've never played the games...

Is any Resident Evil movie worth watching if you've never played the games? I watched the reboot and the creepy girl at the start was the only spooky thing.

Attached: RE the final chapter.webm (500x208, 2.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lKwtK3-4xPU?t=255
twitter.com/AnonBabble

None of them are worth watching. It's just bullshit fanfiction of the director that he made for his wife

First movie is a masterpiece. Second is beautifully shot. Third is Mad Max-like kino. Rest vary in quality. A lot better than their source material writing-wise.

>writing-wise
The films are inconsistent as fuck. Neither do the games but not as bad. The games, the earlier ones at least, aspired to have American campiness that were found in old monster movies. It was a simple thing but the fucking movies decided to be a wankfest over Alice, a Mary Sue that out shined the original cast only because the actress was screwing the director.

What a dumb motherfucker

I liked the first movie and that was it.

The first two are worth watching.

The second sucked. Giving Nemesis a fucking tragic backstory that connected him to Alice was unnecessary. It's as pointless as Rob Zombie's Halloween showing Michael Myers' childhood in-depth. The movie could have easily been about Jill Valentine. The casting was perfect and the costume was spot on. Alice should have stayed in the first movie since that movie used her to parallel Alice in Wonderland.

I watched the first one. The chick is a total babe in a slutty outfit the whole movie. I will watch the others for her. She is worth it. I never played the games.

Just watch the first one if you're curious.

>but the fucking movies decided to be a wankfest over Alice, a Mary Sue that out shined the original cast
You say this like it's supposed to be some kind of problem. Mission Impossible did the exact same thing. No shit, the charismatic star outshines the supporting characters. Who saw that coming?

>The movie could have easily been about Jill Valentine.
Why? What does Jill Valentine bring to the table that makes her worth basing a movie around? The bigger problem is that Jill should never have been in the film because Jill is quite literally a worse version of Alice. When the first film was made, Alice is quite literally a rebranded Jill to get around legal issues with Capcom. Jill doesn't really have a reason to exist, and in Apocalypse she's used to reinforce how much better Alice is.

>Alice
>Has charisma
Alice is a character no one asked for. When I think Resident Evil movie I assume a film where Jill Valentine, Claire and Chris Redfield, or Leon Kennedy would be the main characters since they are iconic stables to the franchise. An adaption introducing a brand new character that does everything better than them is textbook Mary Sue.

>An adaption introducing a brand new character that does everything better than them is textbook Mary Sue.
It worked for Mission Impossible, it worked for Resident Evil.
>When I think Resident Evil movie I assume a film where Jill Valentine, Claire and Chris Redfield, or Leon Kennedy would be the main characters since they are iconic stables to the franchise.
They're from the videogames. This is like expecting the Mission Impossible movies to have characters from the TV show. The biggest mistake the RE movies ever made was introducing characters from the games. Even with heavy rewrites to make them into actual characters instead of cardboard cutouts, they still don't really work in live action. The characters in the first RE film all suit the story. Alice was a rewritten Jill with a different name for legal reasons. There was never any reason to introduce characters like Jill other than to pander to game fans. Which Anderson was always prone to doing, and sometimes Capcom suggested it. That's why there's completely out of place RE5 bullshit in Afterlife.

The Resident Evil games and films are completely distinct entities by different companies with different casts. I don't get why this is hard for people to understand. Heaps of TV shows adapted into movies, and movies adapted into TV shows have different casts. Not to mention, RE game characters are so shallow and superficial that if you wanna make them into real characters worth watching you have to completely rewrite them. And then people whine anyway. (See Halo.) So you may as well ditch them.

>When I think Resident Evil movie I assume a film where Jill Valentine, Claire and Chris Redfield, or Leon Kennedy would be the main characters
There are six Resident Evil movies starring Milla Jovovich as Alice, which made 1.24 billion dollars at the box office. Alice is unequivocally the face of the franchise. The movies are a hell of a lot more mainstream than the games. And the new Netflix show is going to muddy the waters because it stars Jade Wesker, who is basically Alice but black. And she will become the face of Resident Evil for a legion of teenage girls.

>No khalessi

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 55.76K)

Because Jill is the star of the game the movie is based on and the main enemy is a monster programmed to track down and kill all the members of her special forces unit, with Jill being the last one standing in the city and having crucial knowledge about the company's secret research. Alice is just there because she was in the first movie

watch vendetta

Attached: resident evil rebecca vendetta 002.jpg (468x456, 56.22K)

The first one is okay. I love Marilyn Manson's score of the film.

After that they just become fan fiction vehicles for the director to worship his wife.

>CUT CUT CUT CU-CU-CU-CUT CUTCUTCUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CU-CU-CU-CUT CUTCUTCUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CU-CU-CU-CUT CUTCUTCUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CU-CU-CU-CUT CUTCUTCUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CU-CU-CU-CUT CUTCUTCUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CU-CU-CU-CUT CUTCUTCUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CU-CU-CU-CUT CUTCUTCUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CU-CU-CU-CUT CUTCUTCUT CUT

what the fuck....

>tfw you will never have a wife that's down with being filmed completely nude in your multi-million dollar movies

Why live?

Attached: 1652189859446.jpg (800x800, 404.06K)

youtu.be/lKwtK3-4xPU?t=255
To add, this is pure kino from the timestamp.

>Because Jill is the star of the game the movie is based on
Loosely based on. Plenty of movies "based on" real life scenarios have different protagonists.
>and the main enemy is a monster programmed to track down and kill all the members of her special forces unit
A very important philosophical point of films like RE: Apocalypse is that normal humans can't/shouldn't be fighting. It's a reinterpretation of "Soldiers deserve soldiers" from Paul Anderson's 1998 movie Soldier. Alice is a lot like Todd. A being created to kill. To wage war. And people like Jill are just... people.
>with Jill being the last one standing in the city and having crucial knowledge about the company's secret research.
Jill isn't really privy to any of that in the Andersonverse. She's just a cop. Also, Umbrella's PR is way better in that Andersonverse. Jill escapes from Racoon, remember, and this does fuck-all to stop Umbrella spinning the bombing of the city as a massive act of heroism on their part. (Also it was a radiation leak, and the evidence Jill and the others smuggled out is dismissed immediately as an offensive hoax that makes a joke out of the brave Umbrella employees who fought to control the malfunctioning nuclear reactor.
>Alice is just there because she was in the first movie
Alice is there because she is the mirror image of Nemesis. Nemesis is ugly on the outside, and a monster. Alice is ugly on the inside. She's a photogenic monster. But a monster nonetheless. That's why Jill gets immediately BTFO by Nemesis while Alice beats the shit out of him for a while. She is a bioweapon.

Doobie White edited Final Chapter. He is a very special editor. In one sense he actually has a really cool hyper-kinetic style. But in the other sense he pushed things way too far in some scenes.

>Is any Resident Evil movie worth watching if you've never played the games?
They barely have anything to do with the games.

>Alice is unequivocally the face of the franchise
Lmao no. Ask any Resident Evil fan (casual or die hard) which character first comes to mind when they think of it and I fucking guarantee they will never mention or even consider Alice.