Current state of comedy

Bit late to this but I figured why not. I only watched like 2 episodes of the Pentaverate with my family and barely came to a chuckle. Is my sense of humor shit or is comedy in a decline right now? I had high hopes for this considering Mike Myers is one my favorite comedians, but the poo poo pee pee jokes aren't doing it for me anymore. The Eyes wide shut references did make me chuckle though.

Attached: EN_PENT_Character_Myers_Vertical_4x5_RGB_PRE.jpg (1080x1350, 239.48K)

i clapped when he pooped and farted. XD

If you removed all of the poopoo peepee fart xD jokes, this would have been kino.

I havent seen it but I think the general consensus here was that it has a few chuckles but for the most part is shit. Even the Any Forumsfags gave up reeeing about it after a day. To me the fact that this is Mike Myers return to acting after so many years and Netflix isn't pushing this at all says enough.

Attached: wut.webm (656x360, 1.62M)

This moment was pure kino. Mike Meyers has so much comedic talent, but his humor never grew beyond adolescence.

If you’re looking for comedy, buy a wheelchair (cheap), go to any Marvel release, turn chair around and people watch.
>I also face the wrong way in elevators

Attached: 76A826D7-B7BA-4776-9663-6E81BB836263.jpg (1280x1811, 379.81K)

is there more to this comic? asking for a friend.

I like that not only is the font the same as The Prisoner, but whereas one of the most distinct parts of the Prisoner font was a variable lower case e and here the E is always upper case, it's like a font joke.

It is not just comedy. All forms of media have gone to shit over the past decade. Some would say that it is on purpose.

I’ll archive and link sauce if you tell me my favorite director based on pic attached.
>archiving now

Attached: F1609877-92E3-4D07-8187-CAF2F12F1D16.jpg (778x326, 25K)

I sat through the first episode and it was just sad. Myers seemed to rely mostly on himself in 8 roles being funny. It was not. The secret organization being cooky was also rather meh.
I somehow sat through more and I did not hate it as much somehow. The weird secret society grew on me and some of the silly jokes.
They did a few interesting things, like the Netflix censorship jokes and the twist (there is only one and it is in Ep2).
Overall it was just a sad disappointment until the end, when it was full on woke pandering that literally no one needed at that point.

I have also suspected that it might be done on purpose, perhaps to bring in a fabricated "golden age".

Marc Webb

The Love Guru and everything afterward sucks. And I say this as a Goldmember defender.

Attached: saturn.jpg (1080x771, 122.23K)

Agreed, although I do believe that Myers held back on politically incorrect jokes due to our current sociopolitical climate. If it had edgier jokes it probably would have saved it.

>The Love Guru
I remember watching this at home. I couldn't even finish it, even though I had it on in the background while I did different things. I'm thinking he became like George Lucas where you couldn't question his terrible decisions?

Attached: MV5BMTg3OTY1MTQ3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDIzMTM3MQ@@._V1_.jpg (540x800, 304.29K)

No, dude… it’s Terrance Malick

Where Wayne’s World and Austin Powers bad? Am I in the wrong because I was a child/teenager when I saw them?

zamn, I saw your image and atomically thought it was TASM.

Not even a Any Forumstard, but this whole show reeked of pozzed garbage. Some parts were funny despite all the peepeepoopoo humor (Netflix censorship, the maester/saester bits, Shrek.) But every time that black chick showed up with that retarded 'Canada is like America without da racism xD' t-shirt I rolled my eyes. Got even worse when the last episode is just her going up a pedestal and bitching about how there's no black wymyn representation in the Pentaverate. And then the ending is every single white male character committing mass suicide so that they can time skip to the future where every member is replaced by a woman of color.

Assuming were in the same age group. WW and AP were funny and relatable because its one of those movies you see during adolescence where its "this is like adult funny stuff and like dude weed lamo and sex". whereas The Pentaverate fails to capture an audience. My parents where not really engaged with the film and nether was I. It lacked comedic cohesion.

>I only watched like 2 episodes
You got further than I did, I shut it off within 15 minutes.

>And then the ending is every single white male character committing mass suicide so that they can time skip to the future where every member is replaced by a woman of color.
this is post-irony and its done to take a jab at its absurdity without upsetting the norms.