No explosions

>no explosions
>no women with big breasts in bikini
>no rap music
>main characters are not invulnerable
>no shooting guns all the time
>family values instead of diversity
>actual human emotions instead of capeshit

the atmosphere, the feel of this movie, has not been toped yet in the genre. it is a movie so scary I could not sleep when I was a kid and watched it, and it stayed in my mind for years. No matter how many zombies and shooting machine guns akimbo you show me. Why cant movies be again like this? Why everything has to be shit now?

Attached: signs.jpg (640x344, 35.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FDY43_tAZt0&t=177s
youtube.com/watch?v=27qUO8_9uT0
youtube.com/watch?v=FDY43_tAZt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Man, Mel Gibson......

this movie really scared the shit out of me when I was a kid, the plot twist was incredibly dumb tho

Meds

because it was a director who was able to make something how he wanted to. and mel is based af. JP is an incredible actor as we now know but we didn't know that back then

It's amazing how big of a quality
difference shamalamadingdong movies have.
He goes from making fantastic movies to absolute dogshit.

This scene still spooks me

Attached: Signs_Alien_2_14_13[1].jpg (700x297, 46.47K)

Filtered

this scene is special and masterful

Attached: ffee8624-dd2b-4292-b8b8-688da6076e57_screenshot.jpg (892x480, 12.3K)

Refresh my memory?

One of the spookiest scenes I have ever watched
and this one is also pretty good though:
youtube.com/watch?v=FDY43_tAZt0&t=177s
imagine that was you

Going outside to throw away trash after dad brought it home on DVD . Hearing the clicks of green leaf bugs mating call. Scarred as fuck me running inside

Attached: e7425e3804c44b91_0547-w500-h367-b0-p0--.jpg (500x367, 29.15K)

youtube.com/watch?v=27qUO8_9uT0

which kind of person are you?

First 2/3 was kino, ending was pretty irredeemable bad

The part when Joaquin fights the alien is the best part though....

Capeshit is not an emotion. And plenty of movies have none of those things, just find the right

The subtle slow buildup of suspense scenes and the soundtrack alone make it an unrivaled alien flick. Good message too.

Attached: 45594.png (821x600, 641.39K)

Tell me a movie of the last 5 years that is at least as good as Signs, which has no rap music, race quotes, americans shooting guns, people driving fast cars or women acting sexy.
I dont want no fantasy shit. This movie is not fantasy. It is about people facing something otherwordly. The fucking driver movie is fantasy, any movie with Gosling is disgusting so please refrain

I love this movie but I can't even tell wtf I'm looking at. The scene where it pops up on the roof?

I don't even know what that guy you responded to was trying to say but obviously nothing in the last 5 or 10 years is nearly as good as signs. Pacific Rim is the closest thing maybe...

I'll bite, what about the ending was that bad?

It was stupid shyamalan shlock
>dude, swing away was his dead wife telling him to hit the alien with the bat all along!
>god is real after all, because my daughter leaves water around the house!
It's retarded. Atmosphere and setting were good, but all the shyamalan bullshit ruined the experience

It killed the whole fucking movie

youtube.com/watch?v=FDY43_tAZt0

3:10

imagine

Signs threads make me want to learn video editing so I can recut the movie into the alien invasion masterpiece it is

>water, mel, we need water

I just googled Pacific Rim. Wtf man? Looks like Godzilla but instead of a monster it is americans in mecha suits. Maybe if I was 11 years old I might find that interesting

This, plus the retarded scene with the alien in the pantry or whatever. This thing has legs strong enough to leap onto the roof of a house but can't kick the door open? Don't even get me started on these retards running around naked on a watery planet when it can melt them.

>Don't even get me started on these retards running around naked on a watery planet when it can melt them
Yeah can you imagine an alien movie where the air is poisonous to them? It'd be laughed out of theaters!

here come the fact checkers lmao