MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS Deleted Scenes And Reshoots

Compilation of everything that has been deleted from and/or added to the movie in the reshoots.

>The original opening featured Earth-616's Mordo attacking Wanda at her cabin with a magic crossbow that fires energy arrows, wanting to kill her for breaking the natural order in Westview, and chasing her into the forest. The scene frames Wanda as an innocent woman and Mordo as a psychopathic villain. Wanda manages to ambush Mordo and destroy his crossbow. Mordo vows he will never stop chasing Wanda. Wanda coldly says "I know" before decapitating Mordo with her powers.

>The scene was reportedly cut for being too graphic for the PG-13 rating and revealing Wanda as a villain too early, undermining the full reveal during her encounter with Strange later in the film.

Attached: MoM.jpg (1088x628, 184.04K)

Still of the confrontation from one of the posters.

Attached: 0.png (800x738, 867.91K)

>The chase in the space between universes was longer, and started with Defender Strange and Defender Wong arriving there with America Chavez in search of the Book of Vishanti, with the movie framing them as the real Strange and Wong, until a demon suddenly appears, kills Defender Wong and begins chasing Defender Strange and America.

>Sam Raimi was always pushing for a shorter running time and wanted to jump right into the action. He also thought the misdirect was unnecessary as audiences would be savvy enough to know they would not kill the real Strange and Wong at the start of the film.

Attached: 1.jpg (939x781, 87.6K)

A look at Defender Wong from the toy line.

Attached: 2.jpg (1489x1217, 160.29K)

Feige has been corrupted. He uses his white guilt to destroy white people from within

Why do I only find her attractive in this movie and no where else. Is it the eyeliner or something?

>Wong would originally attend Christine Palmer’s wedding as Strange's plus-one since Strange had no one else to take, and would have a great time, eating and dancing with the other guests while Strange remains miserable.

>This was cut because it undermined the emotional impact of the scene once reshoots introduce the subplot about Strange struggle to move on from Christine.

Attached: 3.jpg (2200x1467, 1.51M)

>literally revea0ed Wanda is the villain like 10 minutes in anyway
ok

Originally Kevin Feige did not want to use America Chavez, but a few years ago Kevin Feige sexually assaulted Victoria Alonso and she threatened to go to the public if he didn’t do what she wanted.

Victoria is a lesbian woman and said she wanted a lesbian Chavez in the movie and he agreed

Victoria also threatened Kevin Feige if he didn’t work on including female Wolverine soon

Attached: E8C6CC28-805B-463E-9FF3-4E918052301B.jpg (1280x720, 124.71K)

>Strange’s original character arc was about his obsession with “holding the knife”. He was not remorseful about the consequences of the Blip, truly believing it was the only way to stop Thanos, and eager to take America’s power, viewing himself as the one best fit to control it. Learning of Supreme Strange’s sacrifice (which was originally real) and Sinister Strange’s corruption (which was originally due to his quest for power) made him realize his arrogance and place his trust in America in the final battle rather than taking her power as he had intended.

>This did not test well and reshoots made Stranger more conflicted about the Blip and grappling with his own unhappiness despite being so powerful.

Attached: 4.jpg (1024x720, 87.18K)

>Gargantos was originally Shuma-Gorath, but they had licensing problems with the name.

Attached: 5.png (882x627, 838.78K)

>America would originally lead Strange and Wong to Defender Strange’s body before going to the pizza parlor, and it would have been in an alleyway and later kept at the Sanctum.

Attached: 6.jpg (2229x1600, 1.08M)

>After test viewers hated the original filming of America Chavez as she was too aggressive towards Strange and other men. It was compared to the deleted scene in Captain Marvel where Carol Danvers attacks a man for touching her newspaper.

Majority of her scenes were reshot

>The pizza parlor interrogation was reshot after Strange and America’s dynamic was altered and test-audiences said they did not need the Multiverse concept explained to them again. Reshoots also added the references to Spider-Man and repositioned the scene to before Strange and Wong find Defender Strange’s body.

The original version from a leaked audition tape.

>AMERICA: Not bad. Can I have another one of these, what do you call them, “pepperonis”?
>STRANGE: No more pizza. You need to tell us what’s happening.
>AMERICA: But I’m hungry!
>STRANGE: I don’t care. A giant demon just took out an entire block of our city trying to eat you.
>AMERICA: It didn’t try to eat me, it tried to abduct me.
>STRANGE: Why?
>AMERICA: Bring me a pepperoni and you’ll find out.
>WONG: I’ll get it. She’s just a child.
>AMERICA: Yeah, I’m just a child.
>WONG: There you go.
>AMERICA: Thank you. Okay, so how familiar are you guys with the Multiverse?
>STRANGE: Somewhat familiar. Just last year we tried to open a rift in reality.
>AMERICA: Wow, a rift in reality? That must’ve been an exciting adventure. Anyway, let’s say that this pizza is the Multiverse. Here’s my home reality, and over here is yours. They’re identical in some aspects, but completely different in others. For instance, you’re both in better shape where I’m from.
>WONG: Hey!
>AMERICA: Sorry. Up until a few weeks ago, I didn’t know any of this stuff. I was just a mild-mannered orphan, until one day a demon shows up and attacks me.
>STRANGE: That was your visual aid, pointing to two pepperonis?
>AMERICA: Yep. You guys are fast learners, huh?

Attached: 7.jpg (1068x696, 95.44K)

gross

>America was originally from Defender Strange’s universe, and her mothers were murdered by the demons seeking her power, which is why she rejected it. She lived on the run for years before being found by Defender Strange, who attempted to help her control her power, once again attracting the demons that ended up destroying their reality.

>Reshoots gave her a more comic-accurate backstory, coming from a utopian universe and being separated from her mothers and lost in the Multiverse due to her power, fleeing from the demons across realities before befriending Defender Strange, who decided to help her.

Attached: 8.jpg (1308x1000, 140.55K)

>Strange and America originally had a much more adversarial relationship. Strange did not like America and only wanted to find a way to take America’s power without killing her, and America did not like Strange due to him his controlling attitude despite having no experience dealing with the Multiverse, and they constantly insulted each other.

>Test-audiences disliked their interactions, so most of their scenes were reshot to make them both kinder and friendlier towards each other from the start.

Attached: 9.jpg (1280x720, 188.34K)

>Sam Raimi never wanted any references to his Spider-Man movie. But many within Marvel wanted him to include references because they thought it would allow them to make more toys for the movie. But ultimately most of the stuff was removed for run time and clarity of story

>Originally Kevin Feige did not want to use America Chavez
Makes sense taking into account America from the comics and from the movie are literally two different characters both in powers and personality only sharing gender and name

Man what the hell happened with the director, literally went from making fun of the Holocaust to no fun allowed little bitch. Worst main MCU movie in a while.

>The Minotaur Rintrah originally had a larger role. He would be introduced when Strange and Wong arrive at Kamar-Taj with America and Wong assigns Rintrah to protect her while Strange visits Wanda and Wong investigates the Book of Vishanti. Rintrah comforts America and they bond, with Rintrah telling America that he was also an outcast before finding a home and a purpose in Kamar-Taj.

>This was cut to streamline the narrative and speed up the first act of the film.

Attached: 10.jpg (1162x1328, 218.75K)

How are they different? They are just raging lesbians