Why are Japanese horror films so creepy compared to western ones?

Why are Japanese horror films so creepy compared to western ones?

Attached: images (2).jpg (960x1440, 222.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QYs87-kDXwg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>western ones
you mean american ones, french horror shits on both when it comes to making you shit your pants

name 3

I shat my pants in the south of france

Attached: 14xjsjr copy.jpg (480x360, 15.22K)

The acting is so good.

martyrs
high tension
inside

>Noroi
Not this one, it was pretty boring.

I laughed so hard when I found out tinfoil man was the director.

Boom. French horror is where it’s at and those are the best three. Along with sheitan, ils (them), raw, and Titane.

The only creepy moment in any Jap horror film I've watched so far was this scene in Kairo

youtube.com/watch?v=QYs87-kDXwg

Having said that jap horror is max comfy just for the atmos alone

Piripiri

Attached: file.png (1000x562, 723.9K)

Because Japan has a long and rich traditon of ghost stories. Its ingrained into their social conciousness.

Am I the only guy that doesn't get this scene? Not trying to be an internet tough guy but this didn't scare me at all

no it just isnt scary, if you think women are scary you've been socially conditioned to think so the same way a lot of people think laughing children are scary

This movie was gay. Definitely need to be a weeaboo to enjoy it.
And no films are genuinely creepy. Literature can be sometimes, because it leaves more to your imagination. Actors and sets in front of a camera that you always know 20 people are behind can never be creepy

how is Titane horror lol

Nothing scares me anymore. It sucks

This. Honestly after I started reading serious literature most movies just seem so dumb and on the nose it's hard to enjoy them.

>martyrs
Opinion discarded.

Cuz theyre just... LE FRIGGIN' SUPERIOR!!!1

French people are literally a hive mind being controlled by toxoplasmosis cat shit parasites