Do you have an arabic surname, greeks and italians?

Do you have an arabic surname, greeks and italians?

Attached: 1658763379774.jpg (750x646, 58.33K)

>fart ass o

lol

no, my surname is latin in origin

My surname denotes a profession

I do know a Morabito and they are pretty brown THOUGH

Do you know any Italians

I noticed a lot of jewish looking italians have surnames like
>salimeni
>solemeni
>solomani
ect
I assume this is to do with Solomon or something.

Any Italians able to tell me how to spot jewish-Italian surnames?

those are probably sicilians since those surnames sound pretty arabic

That's stupid and no

>t. Bucheris

Morabito and Muè are common surnames in Siciy. Many locations also come from arabic tribes/places

retarded leftist or arab self insert, for example "Buccheri" is of french origins likewise I remember reading a long article about the autochtonous origins of "Morabito". Arab words are related to plants and agriculture

Attached: 165806947207314.png (341x483, 38.66K)

jewish italians surnames are usually city names

Morabito is a very common name here

I dunno about Buccheri, but Morabito is pretty much arab-sounding

Loanwords are uncool and evil now? As expected of Euros.

>Giuseppe Pensabene, però, nelle sue note filologiche sugli antichi riferimenti religiosi nel territorio reggino, evidenzia che la provincia di Reggio Calabria fu sempre terra cristiana. "Morabito", pertanto, sarebbe un titolo onorifico, dato ai più valorosi, il cui significato sarebbe stato "abito, animo da bastione".

can't find the longer article on the topic right now

>evidenzia che la provincia di Reggio Calabria fu sempre terra cristiana
that's not true tho

it is, there's only a 20 years window where the land was contested on and off in 1001

No, it's from Germanic, longobards

no, my surname is "De" + a first name, as in "son of", the first name in question is from the bible.

maybe Reggio itself, but its countryside was more heavily contested, and people would move more freely in that time than in later centuries, surnames would move as well.
The ethymology reported in your quote sounds more of a folk ethymology

Actually a lot of them are unclear. For example italian google told me mine was Roman, but then after a few years more and more popped up about it being Germanic and the root and explanation made sense. While the Roman one said it was about a tree or something. Generally if they end in -sca or -nga they are germanic (gherardesca, bernardesca) etc or for example if they end in -in (not ini) they are also of Germanic or french origin. For example Putin

Also generally if they end in iello/ello they are from the south (for examole Calviello) while -ini from the north(Salvini). Both mean "little" so a diminutive of whatever the word is but in southern and northern dialect

Makes sense. My name ends in -in and it's Norman of origin.
I think the reason Italian names are so varied is probably due to the fact you probably aquired so many loan words thanks to the Romans.

also a bunch of different political entities following the romans and a mountainous territory with a lot of valleys.

Then there are Sardinian names which usually have lots of Us for example Urgu. But, it's not as accurate as the ones above and just a general impression

>Both mean "little"
it's more likely that -ini is a genitive

Yes I think there are also some things about earlier languages as not all surnames make sense or are categorizable