Memes aside, is Shrek the best movie DreamWorks ever put out?

Memes aside, is Shrek the best movie DreamWorks ever put out?

Attached: shrek-1-dvd-importado-classico-D_NQ_NP_821930-MLB26882887541_022018-F.jpg (633x884, 138.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FSXijk37oNs
youtube.com/watch?v=A_HjMIjzyMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

>Memes aside

Attached: srok.png (572x493, 106.43K)

i get emotional when i watch it these days.

Shrek 1 and 2 are legitimately god tier (I can understand people disliking 2 for all the pop culture references but I thought it pulled them off well). How To Train Your Dragon is probably the most decent flick they've put out since but it's not even close.
Some of their old stuff, back when they were still aping Disney, was great though. I've always been partial El Dorado: youtube.com/watch?v=FSXijk37oNs

youtube.com/watch?v=A_HjMIjzyMU
>tfw

I loved El Dorado. Also Shrek 1 has aged extremely well compared to other early cg films

No

The first HTTYD and Shrek are their best work.

it's not the pop culture references what bring Shrek 2 down, but rather the forced/contrived story, Hollywood setting and inmature comedy

Shrek is love xD lmao

>Godzilla yell
>ET reference ("be good")
>"not the gumdrop button" callback
>Charming does a Flamenco dance and then a 180 on the rose in his mouth with his tongue
>guards saying "heave-ho" when pulling the milk cauldron
this is the best scene in the film and even then it has some lame shit

It's definitely the most popular. I wouldn't call it their best.

why did Puss bother staying behind to fight the guards? It's not like they would've caught up with horse Donkey. There was quite a distance

>Antz (PDI's first film)
>Chicken Run (Aardman's first film)
>Shrek (PDI's second film)
>Shark Tale (Dreamworks's first in-house computer generated film)
>Madagascar (PDI's third original film)
>Curse of the Wererabbit (Aardman's second film)
good times

Absolutely fucking not.

Attached: MV5BODJkZTZhMWItMDI3Yy00ZWZlLTk4NjQtOTI1ZjU5NjBjZTVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE5NzE3OTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1449, 157.78K)

3 is dogshit but 2 is better than 1 tho

2 wasn't good. At all

came here to post this
2 is better IMO
also idk what Any Forums thinks of Moses' Magical Jew Adventures, but that one was my favorite

why do people say 2 is better? The comedy is awful and, unlike 1, it always throws gags and one liners during serious moments, thus dissolving bravado and seriousness

I think Prince of Egypt might have it beat.

>directed by Gobelins french animator Bibo Bergeron (director of El Dorado) and also american Vicky Jenson (director of Shrek)
>produced by Dreamworks' former heads of creative production and digital production Bill Damaschke and Janey Healy (former ILM veteran)
>production designed by Disney Renaissance veteran Dan St. Pierre
>first computer generated Dreamworks film made in-house at their Glendale facility
>dozens of 2D character animators transitioning to CG, resulting in some very expressive CG animation for the time
>rendered in Mental Ray
>dialogue by Scott Aukerman and BJ Porter
this is so good

Attached: 84ff074878b8873c68bb834cdd7c5bdf~3.jpg (683x1000, 106.31K)

my man

>why do people say 2 is better?
idk I think 2 being better is a meme, its great but not as good as the first