Yume (1990)

Pure magic realism kino.

Attached: image.jpg (789x1080, 264.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RTTmbyJ2SGk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In my top ten.

I agree. The ending is more relevant than ever.

Whats this lgbt crap

The problem with lesser known films is that you can’t talk to anyone about them.
You shut your mouth.

Well jeez I just wanted to talk about a lesser known film :(
Sell me on it

Kurosawa movies always feel like a dream to me. They're pretty damn comfy, and it makes me happy to think he met all these young filmmakers at some point who idolized him. Seems the respect went both ways

Attached: dreams-martin-scorsese.jpg (680x448, 75.73K)

The title is pretty self-explanatory; it's a collection of short films based on Kurosawa's dreams. It's a wonderfully surreal experience.

It's a masterpiece and I don't think that there has been a single fag character in a Kurosawa movie. Initially I had thought that maybe the two peasants from Hidden Fortress were, but then they tried repeatedly to rape the princess so that resolved that.

Attached: Dreams Kitsune Wedding.jpg (640x352, 56.13K)

It's not an accident that Kurosawa picked Scorsese to play Van Gogh. And of course it was mutual because Scorsese played a fun, small role and got to meet two of his heroes.

Where do I start with Kurosawa? Have always wanted to watch this film since the visuals are beautiful but I know it's one of his last films.

80s and 90s was a good period for him just like the 50s and 60s. Some of his works before Rashomon can be a hit or miss. Maybe he couldn't make all the movies he wanted back then.

me too, along with "Spring Summer Fall Winter and Spring"

This one desu

Which dream is your favorite? Mine’s probably the one with the Kitsune wedding, it’s just so weird and ethereal.

Yojimbo is probably the best starting point. Seven Samurai is great but it's also extremely long at almost four hours so it can scare away people who aren't used to his style. Then just make your way through his samurai and gangster films.

Alternatively if you don't like action stuff you should try Ikiru. It's a great little drama and one of the best movies he ever did.

I know Hayasaka's main theme for the Samurai is classic but I really like this one. Gets you in the mood.
youtube.com/watch?v=RTTmbyJ2SGk

I saw the movie years ago and the ones that have stuck with me the longest are the ones with the undead soldiers on the road and the one with the old man in the end.

More?

I feel nothing from this movie, but his one about the shanty town is pretty depressing.

>kurosawa
dishonest