Why didn't they make a sequel?

Why didn't they make a sequel?

Attached: let-the-right-one-in-eli.jpg (1366x768, 617.53K)

They made a remake.

It was ok

Not everything needs a sequel. It was fine as it.

She cute

>She

Yes

>Why didn't they make a sequel?
Based on what? There's no literary sequel other than a short story written to make it clear that Oskar doesn't replace HÃ¥kan

No

What would it be about? You already know what is in store for Oskar, we don't need it spelled out. I think it's perfectly fine as a stand alone film

>You already know what is in store for Oskar,
>we don't need it spelled out
Spell it out to me.

Same fate as the previous caretaker. He is going to grow older why she stays the same. Eventually he is going to get old enough that she doesn't want him anymore, but he will still be in love with her. Meanwhile, the weight of having to kill people to sustain her is going to slowly eat away at him

>being this wrong

?

What do you think happens?

I know what happens, Eli passes on the infection to Oskar and they become the same. The whole point of the story is that Oskar breaks the cycle.

Eli is short for Elias

Hm, I never thought of that as a possibility. Was there anything in the movie that implied she might turn him? Either way, that's a still a pretty definitive ending to their story and not something we would need a sequel for

It was played by a girl though

Cailee Spaeny played the part of Lyndon in Devs. The sex of the actor is irrelevant.

>The sex of the actor is irrelevant.
I dunno man, I don't see a female playing Batman as believable

The most obvious is Oskar's age. At twelve Oskar can't rent apartments to hide Eli during the day, he can't avoid people who will want to know why he isn't in school. His picture will be in the press because he disappeared from a gruesome murder scene as the perpetrator or another victim.

Not all females are petite shrinking violets. And some look like Eddie Redmayne.

>Same fate as the previous caretaker.
This is wrong, she turns him in the books.

>the sex of the actor is irrelevant
lmfao