The way Supernatural portrayed God was genius

The way Supernatural portrayed God was genius

>all powerful but doesn't care much about his creation anymore
>started off caring, which is when he made garden of eden and all that bible stuff
>saw the flaws in his own creation and grew bored
>now just thinks of his creation as entertainment, like a complex chaos simulator
>has left humanity and heaven / earth unattended
>later loses all interest in his creation and is ready to destroy it, but not out of malice, just because he doesn't have the empathy like humans do

Attached: proxy-image.jpg (1920x1080, 181.32K)

Attached: something something something.jpg (585x666, 50.88K)

>Supernatural
>accurate theology

Attached: 14743B3F-0D90-413F-A3C4-114CA255738B.jpg (680x491, 41.13K)

Having god and the heaven stuff be in the show made it better and I'm tired of pretending it didn't. Otherwise it would've been just too many monster of the week episodes with no big picture.

>Talking about supernatural after the season 5 finale.
What's the point.

First 5 seasons are top kino, but everything else is great too, at least if you don't have a stick up your ass. Can't think of many better series that have been produced in the last 5 years.

There were a few good episodes post-season 5, but they were few and far between.

The powers and abilities of everyone involved became so wildly inconsistent there's just no stakes at all.

The worst wire-fighting in decades was amazingly bad as well.

>bunch of atheists, non-Christians and anti-Christians "interpreting" God.
lmao. no.

I like when Lucifer casually just-ed all the old pantheons. It really gave you a good sense of how powerful archangels were.

Yeah they really did good job with the power rankings. One place where they screwed up IMO was when Lucifer just snaps out the new Death in one of the final episodes.

In the early seasons, sure. In later seasons you have hunters casually fist fighting angels and demons alike.

>be god
>be all powerful
>make flawed creatures
Sounds like a really shitty god that's not worthy or worship.

That's what the show implied, yes.
Chuck was god in the same way you're god to an ant farm. Except he dropped the farm, it cracked, and the ants went everywhere and he's too lazy to clean it up.

That would only work if I created the ants. Never saw the show as I rarely watch tv shows.

I mean fair it's a weak analogy but the show past season 5 is also pretty weak about how it does things. S1-5, Chuck's used very sparingly and it's only implied he might have been God, aka the real deal christian god, all along in a quick scene at the end. Its ambiguous.
Later seasons after 5 they basically tell you he is god and he's shit at it. There's The Darkness which existed before he did, there's other nonsense here and there, he becomes a real dick, and the last season is him trying to destroy everything for 'reasons'

They didn't usually take angels head-on but rather in random CQC wrestling kinda situations where they have a chance of sticking them with an angel-killing weapon. If angels were able to just snap-kill them whenever they want it would've made it impossible to have any kind of plot involving them.

At least up to S5 it made sense why angels didn't snap kill them (They were Michael and Lucifer's vessels). After that who the fuck knows.

There’s like a hundred different interpretations of god and the Bible among Christians themselves, what’s one more from a lame Tv show

Most angels clearly don't seem to be able to do that like archangels. But I guess Chuck protecting the winchesters would also be a great in-universe explanation.

People forget this was a CW show not fucking Bibleman.

So don't use them constantly. Having every previously threatening entity be punchable to death is a huge problem with all the >5th season content.