/trek/

Martial arts edition
Previous:

Attached: kung fu T'Pol.webm (1280x720, 945K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CccQ2ZRD2oI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=CccQ2ZRD2oI
Me in the middle
what should ask him?

GIWTWM

Ask Gary what he thinks of SNW!

we already know that
he got filtered by jan 6 footage

Let's play a game:
>STAR TREK CHARACTER YOU LIKE TO IMAGINE YOU ARE
>VS
>STAR TREK CHARACTER YOU ACTUALLY ARE
I'm a TNGfag, so I like to imagine I'm Picard, being the "cool, detached, dignified loner that don't need no companionship" but in reality I'm Geordie the "young guy that tries to get dates but keeps getting friendzoned" guy.

Attached: GeordiLaForge.jpg (256x388, 9.14K)

In fact, you're the guy who can't spell Geordi.

i like to picture myself as an obrien type, grumpy, focused on the job, and often overworked with too many tasks to focus on, but realistically im probably a barcalay. awkward, uncomfortable to be around, really difficult to find a spot for, but does real good work once in the zone.

>STAR TREK CHARACTER YOU ACTUALLY ARE
everyone here is a fat geezer Barclay

Can't blame him
That shit was next level cringe

Attached: Kelmar.jpg (539x469, 60.5K)

I like to be fun-loving guy like Neelix but I'm actually Kes

Attached: 1602761141792.jpg (668x1064, 250.38K)

As true as this might be, I think Barclay still has it pretty good since at least on TNG he had Picard and Geordi as his commanding officers, and both of them were really chill and understanding and actively tried to help him fit in.
95% of superiors would never do that.
Picard and Geordi helped Barclay become more confident. Let's hope we all get the same thing :)

Picard and Geordi helped Barclay become more confident. Let's hope we all get the same thing :)

Attached: 1574527105699.jpg (1195x900, 164.46K)

Barclay was an assignment error, or it proves most of startleet officers are bumbly idiots, because Enterprise should be the best crop

He was a creepy incel but he wasn't a retard.

Barclay would have been better off on the Oberth with his own kind.

Attached: 44568676554.png (647x427, 282.45K)

In terms of skills and intelligence Barclay was top-tier, it's just his social skills that were terrible.
I feel like in the progressive and tolerant world of TNG a person's superficial social skills aren't as important as their intelligence and determination.

I really liked the voyager episode "pathfinder" where his boss and even the big old admiral man were willing to be patient and give him help, and were even putting aside time to hear him out, and even earnestly gave his ideas proper consideration despite being outside the scope of the shop's activities and seemingly nonsense. They gave him a chance and were only dissapointed when he went to the extreme, and when it turned out he was right all the negativity was right out the window to get the new job done. That kind of tensions, honesty, and nuance is something missing for the more modern nutreks, despite the cute boywife nurse chapel eye candy.

Are you lolling? Social skills are absolutely fundamental to working on any ship.

>Geordie the "young guy that tries to get dates but keeps getting friendzoned" guy.
If it makes you feel better, even Geordi got at least 2 girls.

>it's just his social skills that were terrible.
this is part of the deal you can't remove that
he would be sacked on spot when he made a holodeck program with a superior officer, simple as, dont pretend he wouldnt

In Trek related Dads and Grads news:

> Stargazer’s thesis is titled "Ex Queer Scientia — From the Queer, Knowledge: Gender & Sexuality in the Star Trek Universe." “'Ex astris, scientia' is a motto from Trek's Starfleet Academy, so it felt fitting to adapt it to my title. My thesis explores the evolution of Trek's portrayal of queer identities, focusing primarily on 'Deep Space Nine,' and 'Voyager,” Stargazer explained.

Attached: ST Meet the DTs 01.jpg (1200x1799, 393.93K)

You seem to be tireless in this.

star trek queer

Attached: siskostargazer_thumbnail.png (837x490, 468.63K)

Is that in the movies?
I haven't seen them and don't consider them canon.
In TNG he doesn't get any girls.
Brahms is a hologram and the real woman rejects him.
He also gets friendzoned on a date in the holodeck.
The future where he marries Brahms doesn't happen because Picard averts it in "All Good Things...."