Pirates 6

it ain't dead [unfotunately]

Attached: 6.png (542x1000, 293.96K)

Somehow Davy Jones returned.

We don’t want it, Johnny doesn’t want it. Let it die, for fuck sake

nobody wants this dogshit without jack

He returned in the post credit scene from the 5th movie, but no reason to make a 6th one

You'd think different languages would have different versions of davy jones.
Like surely the german davy jones is named hans kuckenbrusser and the french one Jean de la foux or some shit.

Did this franchise single handedly kill pirate kino for good?

There’s no reason to think that. Why would the name of a character change?

More like singlehandedly brought it back for a few years then killed it again.

they never do that any more, it makes marketing shit a literal nightmare. hell, our agency is trying to get rid of all the different language posters to save money atm

They do, the german davy jones is the klabautermann.

As a euro we don't really have different names, even the flying dutchman is just the "floating hollander" in Greek

Ah of course that makes sense.

In german it's der fliegende holländer but they still call it flying dutchman in the german dub.

For us Europeans it’s just a character from these movies. We had no references about it whatsoever.
I remember that in the first film, Will say something like “I’ll sink to Davy Jones’ locker” and it was translated ad “I’ll sink to the bottom of the ocean”. It just isn’t in our culture.
So being “just a character” makes sense to keep the original name.

I'll wager that if you google for your nationatily+ye olde sea spirits devil creature analogy you will find some obscure thing that basically is davy jones but by another name.
Like obviously your languange wont have the expression davy jones locker because that colloquial use from a specific language but there blatantly is some kind of equivalent.
Might also depend on if the country youlive in has any coasts/history of seafaring.
Like obviously hungary or whatever might not have any legends surrounding seafaring since they cant really get to any sea.

Pirates without Gore Verbinski is soulless trash. He made the franchise what it is, he is the George Lucas of Pirates.

I’m from Spain and we don’t have anything like that. And we have quite a history at sea…

Floating Hollander KEK!

I'm gonna call my spanish cousin and see what she says about this, diego.

What about something called
el duendecillo
or
duende
?

That’ll be the Spanish equivalent of an elf or even a goblin. Nothing related to the sea or Davy Jones

Damn

>Dibi Jonsu
Japanese translators, why