This is the poorest region in Finland

In the late 19th century and early 20th century, Kainuu was a poor region that had often suffered from famines. Kainuu got a reputation of being a "hunger land" and it was seen as a harsh place to live.

Attached: kainuu_kaja.jpg (600x349, 85.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=arRPetb6YnY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ok.

If the Finnish periferia had to feed itself it'd still be piss poor.

good thread

Attached: finland regions gdp per capita.png (785x723, 65.78K)

They have interesting people
youtube.com/watch?v=arRPetb6YnY

Delete this.

Attached: 1654789581804.png (950x742, 714.15K)

>mfw I am like poor person in Puerto Rico :^I

How many lakes per capita do they have, though?

Thanks for the thread, but fuck kainuulaiset.

Why so mean :^(

Didnt know that Finland proper is so poor

Gib more money to Åland

why is that irrelevant island so rich?

No need to be rude. Those people have suffered enough.
I thought turkufags were supposed to be wealthy?

less than in lakeland, but theres some proper lakes like sea of kainuu (oulujärvi)

Attached: ärjänsaari.jpg (1032x581, 62.6K)

is finland even first world?

Bosting in finnish(suomi) thread

Turun seutukunnan bruttokansantuote vuonna 2015 oli 37 780 euroa asukasta kohti.
Dont know what Turku city BKT is, probably quite higher than 38k

Yhlapaiiset tölpöhyylä markainen saa jäntä korvuosta

Coastal regions are always rich

what is "Finland proper" though? do you have a historical division between "Finland proper" and "Swedish Finland"?

>2015
I guess things have changed since then.

It's just a name of one region

>though
>though

Attached: 1645528175627.png (740x724, 257.46K)

Like 80 percent of the population lives in this area, would feel weird living all the way out there. Although in America a three hour drive is a short trip so I guess it's subjective

Attached: Screenshot_20220724-213045.jpg (1080x1819, 154.25K)

Turku region was finlands capital region for hundreds of years. Appropriately they named it "proper finland". Even tho the capital is helsinki now, the name of the region stays

But I guess the name comes from some historical division and is not completely random

its all just jewish trickery, in fact people in kainuu are more firsties than people in helsinki, big house costs less than annual salary, because population has gone down since 80s.

Önkå sju trætten en hyllymbyvör

I didn't even know what the fuck is "Finland proper" but apparently it's Southwest Finland.

Attached: Finland_proper.png (640x1079, 231.61K)

>Like 80 percent of the population lives in this area
Wtf? I thought Finns are north people and live evenly in most of the regions.

Then u are retard

Its Turun seutukunta which is 10 cities probably including cities poorer than bottom 33% of Puerto Rico
Suomi/Finland is originally the name of the southwest Finnish tribe. The name was extended to other tribes too so the original Suomi Finland are since called Finland Proper.

False

The name of Finland Proper has a historical function. In historic times, in the area of the present Southern Finland lived three tribes, which were the Finns proper, the Tavastians and the Karelians. The southwestern part of the country, the province where the Finns proper lived, was simply called Finland. In the 17th century the name began to be used to refer to the whole land and a specified name for the lesser Finland was required.

hmm, curious..

when you see Raisio you understand

but isn't Finland proper actually the most Swedified part? would be kinda funny

Its just logic

Most people live in southern regions

Attached: population density by regions finland.png (1000x1193, 127.84K)

There's hardly any swedoids there

isnt it our rightful land?

Nah, the most fertile land is inside that area, and it has all the major """cities"""; the Helsinki region ~1,6m, the Tampere region ~400k, The Turku region ~350k, and the some other towns like Lahti and Pori and stuff. The biggest towns outside of that area are Oulu and Kuopio, never been that far north. The northern half of the country has like 10 percent of the population. Lapland is practically empty

Millionaire island living on gibs

where do they live outside of the Alands then?

I believe turku region / åbo for swedes was the main region of österland so yes if you are interested of grabbing land to the east thats where you would start

This might come as a surprise to you but they didn't have trucks (or even roads) in ye olden days so ships were usually used to transport goods

So, actually there is no people living in the North.

Attached: 1608002258578.png (2360x1490, 1.12M)

Kainuu has
>4641 lakes
>72,306 people
Do the math

Uusimaa and pohjanmaa. Pohjanmaa is the only swedoid majority region or dunno if it's any more the majority

Although to add to this, almost all of the Swedish population is further south than the most southern part of Finland, so in that sense we're pretty far up north compared to everyone

No, finland even made a proposal of trading most of lapland for karelia and petsamo with russia sometime in history

Attached: fennosneeds.png (1030x1362, 678.36K)

I don't think Pohjanmaa is majority Swedish speaking, but they have those areas where people only speak Swedish. Namely Närpes where all the greenhouses are

Sorry not petsamo but the other place

Its 5% Swedish speaking which is about average
I live here all my life and never met any Swedish speaker except tourists from Sweden I guess most live in Turku and in the archipelago.
Anyway if the original tribe was suomi makes sense to call this area Proper Suomi in contrast to Häme Karjala etc. which are now part of modern Suomi nation but are originally not Suomi tribal lands.

why does finland look like sweden but poorer?

don't get any weird ideas, pyotr

do Finnish Swedes know Finnish too? is it possible to live in Finland and only know Swedish?

Why are norwegian skiers such dirty dopers?

You know exactly what I was thinking, he-he.

more east you go poorer you get simple as
sweden is poorer than norway after all

was expecting a "no u" response, but I was actually serious

Because they're Norh-East European, and as you know East Europe = poor.

Because we are poorer sweden always been, dont get too cocky though you are living in failed state.

Attached: fragile states index.png (1316x1165, 491.62K)

yes, they need to study Finnish in school.
Living here just knowing swedish is possible if you stay those places where Finnish swedes are. Outside of those ares it would be kinda hard, would be better to use english then

why finn so sensitive about norway?
yes were a shithole, so what?

>2015

>is it possible to live in Finland and only know Swedish?
obviously if you are living in fennoswedish regions, some of them dont speak any finnish.