Is it really that good? I find it very average

I'm 1 hour in... and this is the most reddit cringe i have seen in recent times. Seriously. Not being a contrarian. But when does it get good?

Attached: download.jpg (184x273, 18.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lva8L-J8x04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It doesn't get any good. I saw it on cinema earlier and it's a mess. Tricked into watching it by the reviews. I hate Chinese people now. It was like some acid trip of a crazy Chinese woman.

A24 slop for retards to watch at the mall

From how people were talking about it, I actually thought it would be, and honestly, for about the first hour in it actually was. I was laughing fairly often and genuinely, but then after that first hour it just rapidly descended into, and I'm not really exaggerating when I say this, actually Reddit bullshit that just got progressively worse.

And it was just such a fucking mess in pacing too. Like holy shit. Somebody said it somewhere else and I'm inclined to agree, it was like 3 times they rose up to an emotional climax, then cut it short with a quip or subversion to move onto a new stage. It was really bizarre.

It started out as a decent 7/10 for me, but then quickly descended into a 5 and eventually a 4/10. It was just really...awkward.

Attached: 1619355135004.jpg (640x480, 285.16K)

If you didn't like it, the Doctor Strange movie might be more your speed.

>If you didn't like the multiverse capeshit please try the multiverse capeshit

It's an action comedy, like a nu-Jackie Chan film. If you go into it expecting anything more than that you're going to be disappointed. It was pretty good, very reddit. No idea why critics are calling it the new matrix, it doesn't hold up at all.

I think the racist dialogue in the beginning overrides the lesbian junk in terms of wokeness. Not sure where this 'reddit' crap is coming from. If anything it shit on nihilism and reinforced family values.

its got a nice idea, just executed poorly.

i didnt mind the wokeness too much in this case, as it was integral to the story. but the whole thing was full of cringe and cheese. The main baddie was also ridiculous

i know it was supposed to be a comedy but i thought it dragged on too long and was too light hearted. some of the acting was atrocious too

>Nooo it's actually not pozzed retard garbage

watch again with that in mind and see how bad the kung fu is. They use very quick cut editing so that no actual fighting is done. i dont blame them for actors that age

It's no masterpiece but I did enjoy watching it, the movie pretty much rides upon its gimmick it was fine but the hot dog lesbian shit was pretty gross

I can understand why Jackie Chan turned this down, he's pushing 70 and Yeoh isn't much younger.

I got baited so hard by this movie. I enjoyed it, the first half more than the second, but I was expecting to be blown away after all the buzz I saw about it.

It's not as good as a lot of people claim it is. It's an adequate family drama inside a good action movie inside a pretty cringe comedy. Adjust your expectations.

the sex shit downs its score a lot, otherwise it would been great.

I notice a lot of people going into this film with extremely high expectations ending up getting disappointed. Like, yes, it's an extremely highly rated film, audiences really enjoyed it, and even my favorite film critic enjoys it. That doesn't mean I'm going to go into it expecting it to absolutely blow my mind.

Also I really don't understand what people mean by "reddit" when they talk about films like this or even shows like Rick and Morty. Maybe it's because I don't browse the website, but from what I can tell it seems to be a sentiment against.. quirkiness? Edginess? Creative concepts? Nihilism? I don't get it, but for what it's worth, I think while the film contains all those things, regardless of if I enjoy them or not, I think it was extremely well executed. If I had gone in expecting it to blow my mind, it would have been disappointing, because at the end of the day it's just a really creatively executed message about positive nihilism vs negative nihilism, incorporating multiverses, family dynamics, action, comedy, complex characterizations, engaging storytelling, and fun tone/pacing in order to get to it, and for what it's worth, I think it exceeded my expectations. But that's only because I set my expectations for it to be average to begin with. What do I know.

I want to see Any Forums talk about this without using the words "reddit," "tumblr," "marvel," or "rick & morty." The threads would be a lot shorter

Also I've never seen Rick & Morty so I see it as some kind of bizarre Sliders crossed with The Matrix, Jackie Chan movies, and Minari.

>This made redditors cry and shit their pants

Attached: 1653095486143.webm (1362x686, 2.43M)

>I hate Chinese people now.
Well you've been bamboozled. This skid mark on the underpants of film wasn't made by the Chinese. It was produced by A24. By all rights, China likely won't even be showcasing this shit.

They literally wanted Jackie Chan to play himself embracing his gay daughter. Slimy jews, god damn. It's not a big surprise he turned it down.

It's literally the same chink spamming this reddit-tier movie over and over again.

Its because the Matrix is reddit tier shit. Neither movie should be understood as anything less than a crowd pleaser

Fore me, It's at most 6.5/10, somehow it doesn't gel properly.

memberberries:
- Big Trouble in Little China, for James Hong and zany adventurre
- John Dies at the End, for multiverse stuff
- The Matrix, for skill downloads
- The One, Jet Li fighting a rogue multiverse agent/his own self
And for just a millisecond I was also remined of various Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri secret projects because they had theatrically anguished chink faces:
youtube.com/watch?v=Lva8L-J8x04

Attached: big_trouble_in_little_china_poster_02.jpg (1050x1600, 346.4K)

Yeah I saw it as a firm rejection of reddit/millennial faggotry and an embrace of an earnest, Gen Z optimism. its not a complicated message, but it’s going to go over your head if you’re the kind of emotional retard who says “capeshit” while using Any Forums’s Any Forums board

I must be the only person the internet who's both seen this movie and read a manga called The Qualia of Purple from about 10 years ago. It's about a girl who finds a way to connect with her multiverse selves and loses her humanity while trying to save her best friend over and over and over again.

Sounds like a Rick & Morty rip-off.

I unironically think less of people who dislike this movie

>2009
>2013

nigga what

Imagine if someone cared

It's a pastiche. Not a horribly bad one. But it is not art that will stand the test of time.

Attached: derivative.gif (400x225, 1.25M)

I'm glad I just watch movies to enjoy the instead of trying to figure out what internet subculture they need to belong to. Most of the people in the theater I was in laughed at the stuff Any Forums calls cringe. I enjoyed it. Not great, not terrible. 3.6 out of 5.

My biggest gripe was how it was often it was sexualized in certain parts. I mean there was the dildo-beatdown, the sex dungeon in the office, the buttplug trophies, the lesbian hotdog scenes, or the BDSM scene during the climax.
I’m not a prude by any means but it seemed like a LOT of sex for a goofy action-adventure film.

Attached: 9FD62C45-5E31-49C3-8B4F-E0DAAF0427BB.jpg (1014x1024, 106.84K)

this is what comes out when millennials make films