The X-Files

Finished Twin Peaks last week. I was told I should watch X-File next. Never watched it before. What am I in for?

Attached: xaktak1.jpg (1024x768, 88.84K)

kino of the highest order.
It gradually gets worse and worse

Prepare to fall in love

Attached: scully.jpg (620x848, 125.13K)

Pure kino. Don't worry about the main plot too much - the monster episodes are the real kino.

Attached: 1634361546421.png (793x860, 36.36K)

What is everyone's favorite episode? Mine is Darkness Falls. So comfy being up innawoods even though the scary green flies are bad.

Attached: MV5BNThmYTI1MjItNjViOC00ZGQzLWEzOTMtN2M1MTgyMjliNWI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg (1920x1080, 112.8K)

Why didn't they just start a fire?

>What am I in for?

Attached: scully-skeptical-sigh.gif (500x579, 966.07K)

God peak Scully was so hot.

If you're expecting anything like Twin Peaks, you'll be disappointed.

He was a good water-skier, your husband. Not as good as I was, but then... that could be said about so many things, couldn't it?

Attached: images (9).jpg (526x583, 29.78K)

Syzygy

Attached: X-Files-Syzygy-3X13-the-x-files-8862785-720-520.jpg (720x520, 48.84K)

>it rains the entire episode
>none of them has a jacket with a fucking hood

Jesus, I thought the FBI were supposed to be smart....

Attached: davis ski.jpg (1189x1500, 372.56K)

You're in for a lot of
>man consistently finds incontrovertible proof of the supernatural and aliens and no one ever believes him
>especially the woman who is literally right there with him when he finds it, every single time
>on and on for like 8 seasons
Seriously, stop watching when the T-1000 shows up, it just isn't worth it to keep watching after Mulder takes a hiatus.

Probably Humbug or Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose.

>Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
Incredible how well constructed that episode is. One of the few episodes of any show that is just perfect in every aspect. Darin Morgan was a great writer when he wanted to be.

Favorite Darin Morgan script isn't even from X-Files . It's from Millennium -- Somehow Satan Got Behind Me.

Never got into Millennium. Is it worth it to watch?

The Post-Modern Prometheus
Eve
the one with kkk alien
Revelations has an interesting plot, but of the stuff falls flat

I tried to watch it multiple times because people keep telling me it's kino, but it's honestly just shit. Just a standard terrible cable TV-series. I don't get the appeal at all desu.

Wetwired or Folie à Deux.

It's not as good as The X-Files (even the later seasons), but it's not bad, per se. It's definitely a lot darker, and much, much more serious in tone with a very few exceptions -- the episode I mentioned earlier and Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense (also written by Darin Morgan). Lance Henriksen does a good job in his role and is a good actor, but he was pushing 50 when the show aired and really needed a co-star that he could play off of.