Is it true in other countries people thank the conductor of the bus ?

Is it true in other countries people thank the conductor of the bus ?

Here in France we never thank them. They do their job. Nobody thanks me or tip for doing my job, so why should I thank the bus conductor ?

Attached: Tvm_prefecture94_vueaerienne_busversstmaur.jpg (1920x1440, 565.67K)

Yes its normal to say thank you, when leaving from bus atleast in small towns, but i also do it in night buses of helsinki.

We thank the driver in the north

Really ? Do Belgians do it too ?

I don't know about them

Back when I used public transportation I would say "good morning/afternoon/evening" when entering the bus, like a normal, polite person should.

But the exit was on the other end of the bus so there was no way for me to say thank you when leaving.

>But the exit was on the other end of the bus so there was no way for me to say thank you when leaving.
You are suppoused to yell thank you, thats how we do here. Exit is always from middle of bus or back.

That is a bit strange. Even when the bus is full?

no, i only do it on empty night buses or small town buses that are always empty

Yes, but we only do it in the countryside or sometimes the night bus or the small ones. I like it and I wish we could also greet strangers in the street but it's less common in the soulless city where I live

>Here in France we never thank them. They do their job
you're truly becoming a nigger country. i always thank and get thanked back by most people I have any kind of job interaction with

Yes happens here
Also thank the cashier lady for doing job, doctor, unemployment office worker etc.
Why would you not thank people for doing job that serves you directly?
There are some that is not typical to thank though, like stairwell cleaner, snow remover, sand sprinkler

yes we do

I used to do this when we still had conductors, but it wasn't that popular

shitskin attitude

I do sometimes

I bribe the bus driver instead of paying for the ticket. My way of thanking.

Based

You are supposed to wave if you don't exit from the front

No not here. The bus/tram driver is always in a small cabin at the front. You can't even enter/exit the bus at the front anymore.
So you could yell and scream but he/she wouldn't hear you anyway since there's a glass wall between you.

Attached: genj2txe98xbjkzeyz4ca0p73wothvg.jpg (951x633, 66.33K)

Do you have doors in middle and the back?

Yep. Some of the longer buses have 3 doors for passengers to use and one for the driver at the front.

How do you pay?

Pic related. There's 2 at every door. You can pay with debit cards (contactless), your phone or with a bus card.
Same on trams.

Attached: betalkort.jpg (383x400, 45.81K)

what about cash?

you havent been able to pay cash in helsinki for 5-6 years.