Battle Royale

does it hold up?

Attached: 1623543234001.png (897x780, 779.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xf4EsivAU2A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kino

I don't think so, I was pretty excited for it personally. It's very "japanese-y" in a not good way (for reference, I like japanese shit). It has some cool moments but the pacing is probably the worst thing about it.

The book was, somehow, much better than the film. Film was too pulpy, it didn't really capture the world or the thematic point of the book.

It's a fine movie, the old guy in the top right pic is a good actor. I think it relied to heavily on its status as being contemporaneously "shocking", that aspect of which doesn't hold up.

I watched it again for the first time in years and I didn't think much of it. It's not like Psycho or Dawn of the Dead which have a lot more going for them than just what was shocking at the time.

Attached: 1652406783591.webm (696x522, 1.72M)

I didn't really consider the time it was made in. I can see it being shocking for the time but yeah on rewatch there have been so many things that are much bloodier and darker that in comparison this movie is very goofy.

Japanese """""acting""""

what is the best Japanese movie released post 2000?

you grow out of shit like this and takashi miike

>The book was, somehow, much better than the film
somhow? its very rare that a book isn't better than it's TV/film adaptation

people keep saying that it's a masterpiece but the manga was mid at best. Is it really that good?

Wild Zero

>I watched one movie for work
Does he really just watch movies all day to find things to steal?

I suppose what I mean is that the book is, in its own right, rather juvenile. Almost Steven King adjacent.

>such a westaboo that he watches Battle Royale for the first time in fucking 2022 and on netflix

Attached: D5Qd4PjWwAEvY3C.jpg (640x670, 55.39K)

Well it certainly isn't better than the manga was as a whole. Although if your main issues with the manga were how dumb it gets in the last couple of chapters, then you might enjoy the movie more as it leaves out all of the completely out of place DBZ martial arts shit.

good one
youtu.be/Xf4EsivAU2A
what did you think of Monsterz?

repulsive

Who knows, there's a fuck ton of movies and they just don't get as much recognition which means they're either okay or shit.
Only post-00's jap movies i've seen are Blue Spring, Go, and World of Kanako. They were all good but honestly not as good as other post-00's asian movies i've seen

saved, very accurate

Hmm you should probably kill yourself.

>Seendeo Chuckjima

Attached: Hideo Koomjima 03.png (1384x779, 533.58K)

seethe lol