Makes unnecessary changes to the classic

>makes unnecessary changes to the classic
Jackson is a fraud

Attached: aragornghosts.jpg (800x326, 68.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=132WIdxvgdo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How is truncating a plotline to fit into a movie an unnecessary change. I think a change made for the same of runtime in a famously long movie is the definition of a necessary change.

>Christopher Tolkien's criticisms of the movies are pages and pages long, and not complimentary. At. All. In very broad terms Christopher felt that all the themes that to him make the LOTR important are completely submerged in the movie behind frenetic motion, chases, fights and shrieking choirs (and in one major case, poor casting). But he also has some very cogent things to say about the alteration of characters and the poor rendering of particular scenes stemming from PJ's apparent poor understanding of the book
ooof

what do the ghosts eat

Attached: pepe.png (1024x920, 167.08K)

What major case of poor casting? This is juicy!

Just as Tolkien intended
youtube.com/watch?v=132WIdxvgdo

>Sauron, an immortal demigod elf or whatever with limitless vision and the power of a magic ring that corrupts and binds all to his will
>loses in a straight up 1 on 2 swordfight
lord of the rings was retarded from the very start user, and no don't @ me with how men in that age were twice as strong or whatever, that's all just cope

why didnt he just ask them to beat sauron when they were making a deal?
is Aragorn retarded?

He thought Christopher Lee should be Gandalf

what was the ghost kings tax policy

I don't think the Jackson films are any good as adaptations but I'll never criticize them publicly again because of amazon shills who post threads like these.

no user, the only gigacoper here is you, sorry, but if helps you sleep at night go ahead

Oh fuck off. It's called an adaptation. Many of the things in the book wouldn't work in a movie.

He had an opinion? I thought he was just a old fuck who didn't watch movies and didn't know it's something other than just books with visuals.and sound.

Very obvious samefag. The show will be garbage, and hype is at near zero for it.

Attached: 1624954860228.jpg (768x719, 113.58K)

You're not allowed to criticize it because it's in the book as well which automatically makes it ok and safe from all criticism.

Fuck off loser

That's dumb of him though, Lee is a perfect Saruman, he doesn't come off as Gandalf

It's Lee who wanted to be Gandalf. So he was happy to play Saruman as a good guy for The Hobbit. Feels like his last dream was achieved. No doubt he was tired of playing villains 90% of the time.

it's interesting how the memes around christopher have shifted. before pol and all the political bullshit, back when it was just passionate LOTR fans this was the narrative
>christopher is editing his dad's unreleased writings
>keeps telling us he needs another 5 years because it's that difficult to edit
>we wouldn't want to be a finished product that isn't quality, right?
>keeps delaying and delaying and delaying
>fans are screaming "JUST FUCKING RELEASE EVERY PIECE OF PAPER YOU INHERITED THAT CONCERNS LOTR"
>"WE'LL SORT THROUGH IT"
>tell us that's totally impossible and there's a lot of weird non-canonical, contradictory nonsense we wouldn't ever want to know existed
>we tell 'em we'll filter through it we don't need your dumbass leaving out something great
>"yeah well he's not your father so i guess you don't take this stuff as seriously"
now it's just
>that stupid SJW had problems with the original LOTR? they were perfect!
>how dare he!
>who does he think he is!
>NOW LOOK WHAT WE'RE DEALING WITH A BLACK DWARF!!!!
typical case of a nerd niche subject becoming another pol basic bitch meme

I think he was just a total ignorant regarding the movies but apparently the story about disinheriting his daughter because she liked the movies isn't true. I admit when I heard that I became allergic to the fucker but this story existed for years and no one was in any rush to defend him.

ghost peppers

Seeing a black elf and black dwarf really mindbroke them, huh?

>another pol basic bitch meme
That's because chuds are not fans of Tolkien, they are just a fan of Jackson (they genuinely think he made LOTR popular lol). Before Jackson the fanbase was primarily liberal, i mean the books got popular due to hippies in the 60s when The Beatles wanted to make/star in an adaptation
Any Forums have only ever been interest in it for their ebin maymays anyway

This was poorly done.