Pats thinks billionaire playboy Batman is borderline sociopathic?

>The actor’s confession came during an interview with Entertainment Weekly, alongside Kravitz, during which Pattinson explained that the lack of romantic ties “made the character almost make more sense.” He goes a bit deeper into the subject, noting that for someone to be able to juggle three radically distinct personalities and also switch them on the fly is borderline “sociopathic." However, the idea of Bruce truly having no control and simply being compelled to carry on his Batman duties without finding much time for anything in his life “made more sense with the grieving process."
Is this good approach to the character?

Attached: Batkek.jpg (739x415, 28.97K)

Bump

Isn't that the point of Batman? A very traumatized person with negative thoughts that instead of going insane and hating the world (contradiction to the Joker, which is why he is his perfect nemesis), uses his trauma to help others, while his rogues and Joker use it to torture others?

Yes, what makes Batman so kino is that he is like his villains, a crazy guy in a ridiculous suit. He belongs with them, but instead he "betrays" his own kind of freaks and fights against them to protect Gotham.

If they dropped the "realism", it would be kino to see the story of one man against a city full of monsters, demons, and mutants.

Batman overcomes his trauma for the most part. He has a genuine sense of justice.

Why in the fuck would I care if an actor has an opinion on a fictional character?

He's playing that character and that's the direction that they're taking him in.

If he had a genuine sense of justice he would put a bullet in all his villains heads

No, it should be an internal conflict between wanting to be with her - or any woman - and needing to be Batman
Batman is who he is most comfortable being

I'm not talking about Romance. Read the quote. The pic isn't all that relevant to the topic at hand.

I would compare the state of mind to James Caans character in Thief
>I have run out of time. I have lost it all. So I can't work fast enough to catch up. I can't run fast enough to catch up. And the only thing that catches me up is doing my magic act.

I think a better relationship for the two of them in the film would have been them meeting and teaming up and developing a relationship early on, cut the will they/wont they holding up the film and go straight into it, Batman and Gordon were quasi-partners to give Batman someone to explain his thinking to and Catwoman would fit this much better than a cop, and at first Selina would be cool with this arrangement thinking its a lark but eventually realises the level of obsession and this someone who cannot give it up

>bullet in all his villains heads
Why? That's what a mentally ill vigilante does(unless, of course, you think that's genuine justice). That's how characters like Punisher and Rorschach are portrayed.

To answer OPs question, that's more or less the lazy attempt at making Batman "complex". They don't agree that Bruce/Batman is driven by genuine "empathy" and a desire to make the world a better place. He's traumatized vigilante who's driven to beat criminals to a pulp because of some sort of compulsion and deep seated hatred. Because after all, no well adjusted person dresses as a Bat to fight crime right? His vigilantism is about retributive justice, about making himself feel better but of course this is in contradiction with other aspects of the Batman mythos. He has strict no kill rule, no guns rule all of which arise from empathy and a genuine desire to help people. If you've BTAS more often than not he wants to help many of his antagonists(Mr.Freeze and Baby Doll being the most famous examples).

Of course most writers including Reeves don't care about these contradictions. They want to be praised for making Batman "complex" while being too cowardly to take it to its logical conclusion....which is what Alan Moore did with Watchmen. Nope, they want a Batman who is neither driven by empathy nor as extreme as Rorschach.

>BTAS
But that Bruce turned into a cynical old man in Beyond. Remember how he disliked Freeze, forced Terry to stalk him, and practically believed all his enemies were just garbage that didn't deserve respect or would never get redemption? Batman always turns into a very cynical and sad person.

This shit isn't real, the character doesn't have enough depth to warrant discussion. Kikes and niggers are destroying the world and you're arguing about capeshit at 4am

>But that Bruce turned into a cynical old man in Beyond
Meh, we can all agree the writing went way down after BTAS. His characterisation in JL/JLU(ridiculous Batgod) and Batman Beyond is inconsistent. Bruce retiring as a cynical old man is logical if he continued fighting crime without much success retiring without a wife or family. It's a good idea and doesn't really contradict what he was during BTAS.

>Kikes and niggers are destroying the world
I'm poor and can barely make a living. I don't even have personal happiness. What can I do against shit that's out of my reach?

Turn your life around first faggot.

why would someone who doesn’t feel empathy dedicate his life to fighting crime for no reward

I love how Batman is the guy who gets psychopath thrown at him when he's the only guy throwing his villains in a mental hospital.

That's the weird part isn't it? I don't see spiderman(who dresses as a spider, driven by loss just like Batman) get these accusations. It's always Batman. It's just lazy analysis.

Because he's a chud.