Is it true that all of the nobility and elite of Europe were Germanic after the fall of Rome?

Is it true that all of the nobility and elite of Europe were Germanic after the fall of Rome?

Attached: ger.png (678x600, 690.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nobili-napoletani.it/elenco_famiglie.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

Yes

Yes

No, the Pope and the other religious elites were mainly Italian as well as the people who managed the trade for the continent and the Mediterranean.

After Napoleon was defeated and the monarchy reinstituted did Germanic nobility regain power in France?

Yes and no

See

how did italians prevent being elite replaced by germanics?

More than anything else it depends on the fact that no one else could carry out those tasks in Western Europe, I think that only the Italian city-states had commercial colonies and knowledge necessary for trade.
For the religious side they are mainly historical and symbolic reasons

Germanic's didn't take up land and install plantations with them as the landlord and italians as serfs in Italy?

>after
Cope

lol stop browsing Any Forums, of course not

Of course not.

Balkans were a mixture of different non-Germanic origins, Bulgaria was Bulgarian, Hungary Hungarian, Lithuania Lithuanian, Poland Polish etc. You had periods when elites in Bohemia were replaced with krauts after Hussite wars I think, but that was late and those elites ceased to function with the end of feudalism. Rus was headed by some Scandinavians but that got diluted fast.

I doubt it.
The Lombards were still subject to Rome and were integrated into society and the Normans had married members of the local nobility so much that the emperor of the Holy Roman Empire Frederick II was half terrone.
The slaves were captured Muslims and could not be Christians by law

I think the various invasions of Italy destroyed the previous elites and the byzantine invasions destroyed the other barbarian elites and this prevented any secured barbarian landholding in Italy unlike France which was uncontested by the Franks landownership.

barbarians mostly married into roman elites

It's bullshit for normal nobility as well
>nobili-napoletani.it/elenco_famiglie.htm
Only non Italian I could find is spanish and french

No, only the Kings were all Germanic. Local nobility was preserved in many places. In some places the Germanic nobility mixed and assimilated into the local population, but it isn't a phenomenon that happened equally everywhere.

But polcels told me that the Romans were already Nordics... Bros this doesn't add up

First they said all Romans were nordics, then they backpedaled to all patricians were nordic, then then it became only the emperors were nordic, then only the emperors from Augustus to Commodus, then only the Julio-Claudian dynasty. Now I think they've given up on we wuz romanz, they call Rome a globohomo tranny state that was destroyed by germanics. Classic sour grapes.

How did Italians prevent Germans from taking over the papacy and the land nobility of Italy?

I think in Gaul all of the previous landowners were replaced by Germanic Franks.

No but in many countries there is a Germanic influence. The royal families in Southern Europe had Germanic origins. Spain had Visigothic Kings, Italy had Carolingian and Lombard Kings.