Main character gets called into work and will miss their kid's birthday/school play/baseball game ect

>main character gets called into work and will miss their kid's birthday/school play/baseball game ect.
>kid cries "You promised!" and storms up to their room
>wife shakes her head disaprovingly
>bonus points if it's an actually important job like a surgeon or a cop
Why does Hollywood love this trope so much?

Attached: 1646553716216.png (600x533, 335.35K)

>important job
>cop

It’s a cheap and easy arc.
>protagonist learns to appreciate his family
Probably goes down well with female viewers.

ACAB

it's an easy way to create inter-character conflict and it gives them an opportunity to write boring fucking scenes with women and kids to keep the attention of the female audience

HOT TAKES

Attached: 1651798111999.png (304x290, 90.52K)

demoralizing you for havin a career to be next to your kid to blow candles

>main character gets called into work and will miss their kid's birthday/school play/baseball game ect.
>kid cries "You promised!" and storms up to their room
>wife shakes her head disaprovingly
>bonus points if it's an actually important job like a surgeon or a cop
>main character gets fed up and murders his family
>main character wakes up

My dad used to literally pause the movie every time this trope happened just to tell me that the wife and kids were being pussies and that the man needs to do his job and that if his kids ever complained like that he would "beat their ass" while I was sitting right next to him
This trope was common enough for this to happen 2 to 3 times when I was a very small child. Not trolling either.

Attached: 1642277443247.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

>important job
>cop
pick one, faggot

Good. You shouldn't encourage your children to whinge and moan when things don't go their way.

I agree with him. I just think it's funny that this was common enough to happen multiple times.

>2 to 3 times
you had it easy. my parents would beat my ass if i didn't cover my eyes during a scene with violence or sex. and they rented R rated movies all the time and expected me to know when something was gonna happen

Attached: 1639855752334.jpg (976x850, 87.06K)

>"You know what sharline the kids are old enough now to be left alone how about you take up my fucking job and see if you 'keep your promices'."
>Wife takes up fast paced job out of spite
>family gets gorillians of dollers to hire nannys
>Shes getting good at it
>Dad takes more of a relaxed station of his job to see kids more
>More bonding time with kids, bonus.
>Kids start getting pissy with mom
>Gets to the point she blows up
>"YOU DONT KNOW HOW HARD IT IS!"
>"And there it is, you know how I feel now? Know how many times I had to stare down at you and the kids with full bellies fast asleep with dreams of hate to the man who made it happen? Your in my spot now. Feel good?"
Never ever

Why do female audiences love relationship drama and cuckshit so much?

There's The Incredibles 2 except Bob is aparrently a manchild that's deeply jealous his wife gets to go on fun superhero adventures while he has to take care of the kids

I work for the FBI and I work 9 to 5, never bring any work home, never get any calls from my boss outside work hours, never had to cancel any event I had preplanned, enjoy 30 day vacations every year, plus plenty of other benefits. I just lmao at private sectors grunts and side hustle losers. Go to a good university and work your way towards a proper career, kids.

I get all that (and more) just by being european

That trope was a lot more common in the 90s, it was in almost every kid movie. I guess they realized nobody likes it.

Having to choose between your family and your ability to feed your family is not a choice anyone should have to make, we need to do better as a society

Attached: download (1).jpg (194x260, 7.33K)

Your dad was pretty manipulative.

>being european
There's the tradeoff

This is jerk store tier writing. Fuck it reads like a Kelly comic.

I got it bad, you don't know how bad I got it.
You got it easy, you don't know when you've got it good.

Attached: Nik Kershaw.png (753x639, 504.64K)

All criminals are black? Yep. All cops are based? Double yep.

White Hot Takes did some great parodies.

It's basically their playing field, their ability to navigate relationships is key to their social success.

>All criminals are black

Attached: q97deiki3dc81.jpg (536x438, 44.19K)

>whinge

I just saw 3 Ninjas last night and this trope was obviously used
It's like, look you little ninja niggers, the house you live in and the elaborate, decked out bedroom with a Sony and NES hooked up doesn't just fall out of the sky, your fed father has to bust his ass for all that shit. You can talk to him when he's retired.

Attached: 1652926103178.png (1032x774, 335.33K)

because "daddy wasn't around to shower me with praise and attention like everyone else did sometimes even when I wanted him to be!!!!!" is probably the worst hardship most celebrities can relate to.