Mfw just learned Sparta was real

>mfw just learned Sparta was real

Attached: 300.jpg (256x192, 5.63K)

Spartans were fags who got beaten by thebes lmao

these guys were massive pedophile homosexuals

The Greeks were a bunch of literal faggots and pedos.

>in the movie they are constantly harping on about freedom
>sparta IRL also had slaves
>in the movie they make fun of athenians calling them "boy lovers"
>spartans IRL had sex with boys
>in the movie 300 soldiers fight off an army of a million
>IRL it was about 10,000 greeks from different city states inc. Sparta vs about 100,000 (still impressive). They held their own for a couple days and when they were outflanked 300 Spartans inc. King Leonidas stayed behind essentially comitting suicide for reasons.
Good movie though, motivated me to hit the gym lmao

>>in the movie they are constantly harping on about freedom
>>sparta IRL also had slaves
They weren't universalists. That's a very modern northwestern european white male concept. It's entirely possible to value freedom for you own people while simultaneously accepting that the rest of thew world is subject to slavery, especially if they lose wars.

>rest of the world is subject to slavery, especially if they lose wars.
Way to say you know literally fucking nothing about Spartan slavery. They weren’t captured thralls dipshit, they were the majority of the population of the region of Sparta and were as ethnically Greek as their ruling elite.

Who are "they"? I'm talking about slavery as a concept, numbnuts.

Helots, the Spartan slaves.

You mean they didn’t appreciate cunny and preferred the company of little boys instead???? Aw man, Spartans are ruined for me ;(

>encourage spartan youth to steal shit by underfeeding them
>beat the shit out of them if they get caught
Spartans seem like massive tards in retrospect.

>300 Spartans inc. King Leonidas stayed behind
and about a thousand other greeks from thespiae and thebes too

And? He is right the greek ethic was its good to have slaves and bad to be a slave

>Lycurgus adopted a system opposed to all of these alike [referring to pederasty]. Given that some one, himself being all that a man ought to be, should in admiration of a boy’s soul endeavour to discover in him a true friend without reproach, and to consort with him — this was a relationship which Lycurgus commended, and indeed regarded as the noblest type of bringing up. But if, as was evident, it was not an attachment to the soul, but a yearning merely towards the body, he stamped this thing as foul and horrible; and with this result, to the credit of Lycurgus be it said, that in Lacedaemon the relationship of lover and beloved is like that of parent and child or brother and brother where carnal appetite is in abeyance.

and it was athenians who ended up defeating the persians

Getting caught belies incompetence, especially since they would be stealing from the subhuman serfs whose most able bodied or strongest adults are culled to prevent uprisings. It’s like a game tutorial that’s easy as shit but also beats the shit out of you if you fail.

>easy for a family to lose citizenship by not being able to pay
>impossible to gain or regain it
>spartiates forbidden to any kind of work that supplements the income from their helot farms
imagine deliberately setting your society up as a demographic suicide

Greeks are faggots. It’s impossible to be a slave if you don’t want to be a slave. The only people who are slaves want to be a slave so how can it be bad to be a slave?

I just learned there is 300 2

Unfortunately it’s trash. It’s like some weird love story between a female worry, and the battle scenes have way less build and no payout, in my opinion

so just like today

What does that have to do with Greeks thinking capturing slaves is good and being a slave is bad?

Like when Achilles says he would rather be a slave of a slave and alive than king of the dead in hades?

It's easy when you don't believe in universal values (which is nearly all of humanity, nearly all of the time)

Ok? So there is no issue with them talking about freedom

>I cannot say exactly how each of the other barbarians or Hellenes fought, but this is what happened to Artemisia, and it gave her still higher esteem with the king: [2] When the king's side was all in commotion, at that time Artemisia's ship was pursued by a ship of Attica. She could not escape, for other allied ships were in front of her and hers was the nearest to the enemy. So she resolved to do something which did in fact benefit her: as she was pursued by the Attic ship, she charged and rammed an allied ship, with a Calyndian crew and Damasithymus himself, king of the Calyndians, aboard. [3] I cannot say if she had some quarrel with him while they were still at the Hellespont, or whether she did this intentionally or if the ship of the Calyndians fell in her path by chance. [4] But when she rammed and sank it, she had the luck of gaining two advantages. When the captain of the Attic ship saw her ram a ship with a barbarian crew, he decided that Artemisia's ship was either Hellenic or a deserter from the barbarians fighting for them, so he turned away to deal with others

She basically ran and killed her allies

>Thus she happened to escape and not be destroyed, and it also turned out that the harmful thing which she had done won her exceptional esteem from Xerxes. [2] It is said that the king, as he watched the battle, saw her ship ram the other, and one of the bystanders said, “Master, do you see how well Artemisia contends in the contest and how she has sunk an enemy ship?” When he asked if the deed was truly Artemisia's, they affirmed it, knowing reliably the marking of her ship, and they supposed that the ruined ship was an enemy. [3] As I have said, all this happened to bring her luck, and also that no one from the Calyndian ship survived to accuse her. It is said that Xerxes replied to what was told him, “My men have become women, and my women men.” They say this is what Xerxes said.

I don't think so. Not when you understand that certain laws, customs, and beliefs only apply to certain people under certain circumstances, sort of like jurisdiction, which is much of the ancient world. Like the angry user in this thread states, they would essentially take their own people as slaves under certain conditions. You could argue that it's the natural order of things as even in "enlightened" societies, they seem to watch to inch closer to that with everything from company towns to indentured servitude.