May 18, 2001

>May 18, 2001
Shrek premiered 21 years ago today

Attached: shrek-movie-poster~2.jpg (500x696, 68.29K)

Still the only good shrek movie

>is the most culturally significant animated movie of the 21st century

do you guys think smash mouth regretted getting involved with them?

true

I never saw the others but I see people loving and shitting on Shrek 2 about equally. What gives?

Attached: moon.jpg (387x600, 60.96K)

Childhood is thinking Shrek 2 is the best
Adulthood is realizing Shrek 1 is the only good movie in the Quadrilogy

Shrek 2 was the movie every kid loved at the time. When you watch it with adult eyes in 2022 you realize the movie is built on dated pop culture references. The first movie has some dated pop culture references but not on the level of 2. Shrek 1 is still very enjoyable

reddit: the movie

Shrek 2 is great, only reason I can see for people disliking is the abundance of pop culture references in it. They don’t bring the sequel down though and movie’s humour still works even you don’t know or get them

Not to mention it was the movie that ushered in the whole "dance number with all the characters" at the end of the movie trope.

Shrek 2 is mediocre. It indulges too much in pop culture references, tells a rather contrived story, lacks the charm of 1, and the main trio doesn't connect with viewer anymore (beyond mild interest) The comedy is also too coarse salted at times

Shrek 2 became what the first movie set out to deconstruct. The spite and cynicism that was palpable in the first movie is completely gone in Shrek 2. It just became a generic family animated film from then on.

>shrek 2 hate is a new fad
cringe

hating shrek 2 is a new Any Forumsfag meme they are desperate to make true but never will. its a great movie, in my opinion better than the first

original Shrek is a spiritual successor to Antz, which is why it's great. Unfortunately, Shrek 2 got rid of that Antz spirit

Today's my birthday frens. Wanna celebrate with you guys.

Attached: 1644180109603.jpg (720x749, 45K)

Give a cum tribute to a Shrek movie poster.

Shrek owes a lot to this movie. As said above, it's a spiritual successor. Same crew, workstations and building block

Attached: MV5BMTA3ODgwNTc1MDdeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDgyODQ1NDU@._V1_~3.jpg (1522x1242, 348K)

>Childhood is thinking Shrek 2 is the best
Shrek 2 is filled with contemporary pop culture references. It’s going to age terribly

>do not be short
>just be chad and ur self bro
Yep got redpilled on a early age on women cuz of shrek

Attached: shrek2.png (467x469, 271.7K)

it's kino though

just the first five minutes have three references to early 00's films (Charlie's Angels, Fellowship of the Ring, Spiderman)

why was his human form Gordon Brown?

>the greatest fairy tale never told
Uhhh.. bros?? What did they mean by this???

>Any Forumsfag
It's only one literal autist that everyone else hates
t. Any Forumsfaggot

>Seinfield quote
i swear a good chunk of Shrek 2's dialogue are just references

Attached: IMG_20220517_161747.jpg (3264x2448, 1.99M)

the reference doesnt take away from the scene, the line works in context.

still a reference, just like when Puss quotes Garfield with "i hate mondays"