Do you know what a bolito is? It's a mechanical device...

>do you know what a bolito is? It's a mechanical device. It has this small electric motor with this rather incredible compound gear that retrieves a steel cable. Battery-driven. The cable is made out of some unholy alloy, almost impossible to cut it, and it’s in a loop, and you come up behind the guy and drop it over his head and pull the free end of the cable tight and walk away. No one even sees you. Pulling the cable activates the motor and the noose starts to tighten and it continues to tighten until it goes to zero

Attached: counselor.gif (500x210, 1.12M)

I am constantly in awe at what devices can do to a human body in mere moments.
Usually things are relatively easy to understand. The sword swung and cut him. The fist busted his temple. He fell from a cliff.

Nowadays its
>bullet went 4x the speed of sound and completely destroyed his lungs and it was impossible to see
>lathe grabbed him by the glove and threw him about the entire factory at 4000rpm
>the fireball from the bomb happened within a nanosecond of triggering and everything in a 500 meter radius was consumed by a fireball hotter than the Sun

Face it humancels. Our senses that were supposed to keep us alive have been completely destroyed by our own ingenuity.

I don't think there's a motor at that size that can produce enough power to slice through muscle and flesh like that, it has little to do with the "unholy alloy."

Yes. It's a fictional device.
If something like that could exist, you would have hundreds of deaths everyday because of it.

Attached: bolito.jpg (1152x1364, 164.05K)

Doesnt seem that improbable to me. I got a fucking angle grinder on an 18v milwaukee battery outside thatll cut through anything l want. That things fucking scary.
I can angle grind no problem through carbon steel. Something smaller could easily do it to human flesh. All you need is the torque from the wattage and leverage and you can move the world.

The motor is not the problem, you can get insane torque with worm gears, but it's completely pointless when literally anything else is a more practical and versatile weapon.

Cool, but by the time you make it, your anger wears off and now you don't even wanna kill the guy. Knife in the back of the neck is just as practical.

I don't know, I can picture myself reversing or blocking the wire with just the force of my arms. The motor would be to small.

You could make this with fucking lego electric motors as far as lm concerned now.
Btw lego gearing videos on YouTube are kino. Lifting hundreds of pounds with string and plastic gears.

Dont see you complaining about the same technology keeping you alive past the age of 30 or surviving a simple lung infection.

I think this device would work without battery, but instead with a system like old mechanical clock where you turn the gear to charge the spring that stores the energy. Then you just release a pin all the stored energy is used to tighten the cord.

Totally, you can make it out of bubblegum and feathers if you wanted to.

At what point was Brad Pitt's character still able to escape

Ah, the classic reddit myth of everyone living prior to the invention of onions and antibiotics dying of minor infections at the age of 30.

Did he survive

Goddamn wordfilter, s-0-i-l-3-n-t, not onions

I mean, yeah. Most deaths these days are result of completely random circumstances. Even diseases like cancer.

Gonna do that when it's dropped over your head real sneaky sneaky from behind are ya?

THIS NIGGA EATIN ONIONS!

Good luck with blood all over your hands faggot

A motor that size would seize easily with pressure from your hands, impossible device.

yes

motor? yes, there is specially with the correct gear setup. idk if a battery would be able to provide sufficient power i think it probably can.

The real point that makes this more or less possible is not really the engine, but the wire. The thinner the wire, the easier it can "cut" through flesh, but the thinner it is, the easier it is to snap.

It's a really impractical weapon, but I think it would be possible to make today if someone really wanted it.

With enough gear multiplication, it's doable, although it won't be as fast as shown in the movie.
Don't know if that is better or worse.

I think its inspired by the urban legend of piano wire being used by guerillas or agents to strangle people and of course those tales get as wild as people cutting heads off

I'd like to see you snap 1,2mm braided steel cable.

Add two gears, one for quickly tightening it around your neck, another for actually cutting.

I garroted a CIA agents head off in the summer of 2008 whilst he was trying to infiltrate my utility shed in my backyard. Those tales are not exaggerated...

Attached: CIAPOVwhenIShowUp.jpg (597x892, 771.04K)

What I'm wondering is why we haven't seen any high profile domestic(USA) murders using drones.