Now that the dust has settled

Can we all admit this movie was underwhelm?
I myself am a huge Anya fetishist but ever she couldn't carry this movie

Attached: images (9) (4).jpg (455x674, 38.75K)

She could've carried it if she wasn't a draugr

It was dishonest

life on the zionist plantation

I went in expecting more mythology and fantastical things happening.
Enjoyed the movie regardless but Eggers did no favours to himself by comparing it to Conan the Barbarian.

It was adequate

Attached: The.Northman.2022.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.H.264-FLUX7.webm (1000x500, 2.94M)

God, I love her so much bros...

Attached: 1560809153338.jpg (500x339, 27.76K)

It was good stfu capeshit retard.

ayyyyyyyyyyyy

The accents ruined it. Every scene with this bitch in it felt like a comedy skit because she couldn't do a Slavic accent at all. Directors still haven't learned that having actors use their natural accent allows them to act better and therefore makes it feel more authentic despite it making less sense. The Chernobyl TV series is maybe the best example of this in action.

Attached: Anya Taylor-Joy The Northman 2022 [1.04.03-1.04.15].webm (1900x1900, 3M)

Writing and pacing lacked in certain areas. The visuals carried it. I consider it Eggers’ worst, but most rewatchable film. I chalk this up to having Eggers’, a rather rookie director, have so much responsibility with a giant cast and budget- something he is really not used to.

Attached: Anya Taylor-Joy The Northman 2022 [1.16.23-1.16.33].webm (1920x1080, 3M)

It was good if not quite as good as it should have been. I suspect that there was quite a lot of studio interference and post production meddling. The people who've been seething over it are retards though.

Attached: Anya Taylor-Joy The Northman 2022 [1.48.18-1.48.25].webm (2040x1270, 3M)

it was really quite dull. there were only a few scenes that i thought were interesting, and they were all only interesting due to their visuals. the characterisation and the dialogue were . . . it was just shallow. there's nothing to this movie.

Attached: Anya Taylor-Joy The Northman 2022 [1.15.24-1.15.38].webm (960x520, 2.92M)

The accents were awful all around, it's like everyone was trying to do a different one. Nicole Kidman's was especially bad. It's weird since Eggers did such a good job with the accents in his other movies

its just normal that hollywood lost the touch with historic movies.
maybe when capeshit dies we could have a renaisance

I WILL HAVE MY VENGEANCE
THE NORNS OF FATE
*howls like a wolf*

I wanna see the Eggers cut but the ending was epic

This is true actually. We'll probably never have a film like Barry Lyndon again. Though honestly if that came out now you'd probably have a whole bunch of anons here whining about how bad it is.

Talk about disappointing