LOTR - Lord of the Rings

>there's never been a better fantasy movie
>there never will be
It feels really fucking bad, man

Attached: Screen-Shot-2021-10-28-at-11.51.06-AM-640x321.png (640x321, 446.26K)

feels really fucking good, man
nothing will ever top this and thats a good thing

Why is that a good thing unless you're Peter Jackson?

It feels great.

LOTR was the last and greatest passion project before everything got pozzed, and eventually people will tire of that and it will all collapse and we'll start getting good shows and films again that are made by people who want to make them, not by people with an agenda.
It might take a while, but these things move in cycles. After the fall of the modern Roman Empire is finally over and globohomo fails, hollywood along with it, we can start enjoying things again. Until then, LOTR will be a monument to remember the good things we had and the good things we will have again. In the meantime we just have to actively and openly reject the degeneracy.

Fuck niggers, kikes and jannies

Attached: 1544938297575.jpg (1000x763, 91.08K)

The Extended Edition of Fellowship is legitimately a 10/10 movie and the best fantasy film ever made. And we will never get anything else like it.

I can only really rewatch the first film these days

the amazon show is going to be kino though

They're shit

Attached: 1644596347248.jpg (850x400, 65.81K)

Tolkien belongs to everyone, chudcels.

Why does it make you feel good that everything is pozzed now?

This desu, at least the Amazon series has people that actually understand the source material at the helm and don't just want to use LOTR as a vehicle to make quipfest action adventure flicks, or cloakshit as the Jackson movies are commonly referred to

this the other two are great movies but have big flaws and pacing issues(extended especially) but fellowship is just perfect, top 5 film of all time for me

>Christopher Tolkien's criticism of the movies are pages and pages long, and not complimentary. At. All. He felt that all the themes that to him make the LOTR important are completely submerged in the movie behind frenetic motion, chases, fights and shrieking choirs (and in one major case, poor casting). But he also has some very cogent things to say about the alteration of characters and the poor rendering of particular scenes stemming from PJ's apparenlty poor understanding of the book.
Big ooof

Took the words right out of my mouth mate.
We will get great fantasy once again, it just might take some time for this bullshit ideology to collapse in on itself.

>(and in one major case, poor casting)
who was he referring to?frodo?

ROTK is probably my personal favorite, since it's the emotional climax, but as a craft of filmmaking, FOTR is undoubtedly the best in every aspect, and the Extended Edition is the only one of the three in which scenes are added that never feel overly long or out of place, which some in TTT and ROTK certainly do, despite me loving them anyway.

Conan the Barbarian immediately comes to mind as being better.

How does that feel bad?

Ah yeah, the one where Jeff Bezos is literally wining and dining Tolkien experts to make sure they shut the fuck up before releasing it?

The one with the nigger dwarf queen?

The one with the shaved elf?

Amazon is certainly throwing everything they've got at it, but purely on the basis of the obligatory diverse casting, it's going to be a middle rate show at best. Seeing how much money Amazon is throwing to save the optics of the show, the shilling will be absolutely legendary on Any Forums. Shills may unironically outnumber anons.

Form your own opinions man

But that is a post for another thread.