What the fuck were they thinking...

what the fuck were they thinking. i know there are a lot of garbage disaster movies out there but fuck me this was a whole new level of shit.

Attached: moonfall.jpg (1057x1500, 393.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lheapd7bgLA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm glad it flopped
Roland can't get away with his bullshit when every movie is a CGI shlockfest

i watched it off a free streaming site. not even bothering to torrent. and i still have regrets.

I like terrible disaster movies.

Same, they are never gonna be good, might as well be really shitty.

You might be unfamiliar with Roland Emmerich's schlock. Surprised that it flopped actually, his movies tends to rake money like no other, no matter how shitty it is. I guess this is it for him.

took too long for disasters to start

It is too formulauc. The exaggerated amount of black characters in positions of power probably turned the Chinese audience off. Despite Moonfall's flaws, I enjoy this type of movies and will keep watching them.

youtube.com/watch?v=lheapd7bgLA
This was better than Moonfall.

I like to think Roland put very little time and effort into this and dedicated all of his time to the new stargate script. We all know that the new stargate will also be shit though..

Attached: 101001.jpg (704x773, 107.86K)

>Stargate (announced)
son of a bitch, I knew there was a reason why there has been a Stargate spam recently

Yeah, I would not get your hopes up.. If it is anything like moonfall or independence day resurgence, then we are doomed.

I have next to no hope and in fact I have not been a fan of these threads precisely because they likely herald an upcoming disaster. The series had a great run, they should really just let it rest gracefully.

Was this Roland's last 'good' movie?

Attached: 2012.jpg (960x1440, 391.77K)

This was much fucking worse.

Then for some reason, just a little while later Gerard Butler appears in another shitty asteroid disaster movie with the same plot. I forget what it was called but he did his Scot accent in that one.

Attached: geostorm.jpg (1382x2048, 560.23K)

with alien invasions or rampaging monsters you can invent your own rules and people can buy into it and enjoy a fun time.
But if you take gravity and start making up dumb scenes where rules are bent and broken for the sake of action then people just cant buy into it.
even long time directors are forgetting the basics of entertainment and i am starting to think our planet is in the beam of some kind of stupid ray.

>another shitty asteroid disaster movie with the same plot
Greenland? i remember watching a scene in the movie about how the meteor hits Tampa, Florida of all fucking places lmao.

I was thinking about this recently, specifically about how Independence Day, a poster boy for dumb 90s blockbuster, couldnt be made today because it's actually reasonably well paced and it takes way too long for things to blow up.

It was really boring. Too much of that family crap, and the whole moon thing was dumb. I was disappointed

Look at the movie Aliens, the cast weren't in Hadley's Hope until 1 hour mark and the Xenomorph didn't even appear yet. People today would go INSANE waiting for a monster to pop up for that long.