Why does every modern movie look like shit?

Why does every modern movie look like shit?

Attached: gfrRGoK.jpg (1234x675, 180.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zj8DppWLBpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know why but modern films coloring looks too dull for me.

Attached: legend of boggy creek.png (1920x800, 1.75M)

Digital Cameras
Makes CGI easier but unless you're Michael Mann it looks like shit

Everything is now filmed with digital which looks like shit and no one can ever get the lighting right.

But its cheaper and easier to work with so here to stay.

Nobody cares about anything anymore, modern movies have literally no sovl

Attached: 1652520024081.jpg (3172x2160, 1.18M)

He has such a beta energy in the whole movie, cannibal Army moged the fuck out of him even thought he played an autistic Russian

>Michael Mann
Do you think he will film Ferrari with a digital camera?

Is film more expensive than digital?

It's the angle of the shot, look at it
There's too much empty space in the background and even then there's nothing interesting or symbolic to look at. It just makes the characters look small compared to the world which makes their dialogue, no matter how important or interesting, seem proportionally insignificant as well
A good director should never waste a frame, it's the kind of scene that forgettable once you've finished the movie. In my opinion a formalist approach for filming is just as important (and lately very underrated) in movies as every other aspect of the film

Watch more films.

Attached: zimna wojna_001.jpg (1437x1079, 407.42K)

Same reason video games look like shit

color grading, color correction, color suggestion (teal+purple+turquoise+brown) plus no contrast

in case of movies, also because it's not shot on film

after that it's nepotism and fag culture.

CGI and shitty colours.

Yes, also there is only one company remaining in the world that still manufactures film stock.

All you need is a competent color grader but Hollywood kikes skimp even on that.

>black and white
come on now

Attached: 1629501873563.png (400x400, 165.37K)

What's the problem?

Attached: zimna wojna_002.jpg (1437x1080, 465.65K)

And why do you think it is? He was fraud, scammer, he wasn't a spy or soldier.

fucking kino
youtube.com/watch?v=zj8DppWLBpQ

>coping cavillfag
Army mogs your handlet to hell and back

It's the same as digital screen (LCD). for the first 20 years they looked way worse than CRT but they took over because they were so much smaller and cheaper to make. So people forget that it wasn't a better technology

Cutting corners and lack of talent. Even movies such as Mank looked terrible. Netflix movies look awfully shot and tacky, likewise capeshit

(and maybe in several years, like with square pixel screens, and 3d graphics after they first looked shit compared to the advanced art of 2d, people will figure out how to make digital photography look good. but we have to make it through the rough transition)

game of thrones unironically did this, everything is cynical and nihilistic now, characters are fundamentally unlikeable, even the colour palette of movies is bleak and soulless

Filming with black and white in current year is dishonest and comes off as pretentious

Fucking hell, when someone considers the top to be old and not modern....

You're missing out

I have no idea what this image is supposed to convey. All of these movies are modern except for monty python, but it's structrured in a way like top row good bottom row bad

Sounds like you have a rotten brain there user.

Attached: Embrace-of-the-Serpent.jpg (2209x1080, 282.62K)

>Arkansas
I will now watch your low reviewed old horror movie

white people

black and white is for fags

Attached: 1625017787800.png (1276x720, 676.06K)