How was such a based film allowed to be made?

How was such a based film allowed to be made?

Attached: jew.jpg (1024x768, 133.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LN3OLxHTq98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it was a different time

no one cared about niggers.

Because the first film was a massive success and thus they gave Burton more freedom on the sequel, which ended up backfiring somewhat as audiences found it too dark and scary for kids.

Ironically the first film was pretty fucking brutal as well, the Joker burned a man to a fucking crisp and laughed at his corpse

It was, but overall it was campier and had more humor. Returns is pretty relentlessly downbeat and macabre.

>audiences found it too dark and scary for kids

Boomer here. Saw it in theaters as a kid. Loved it. Only the faggots who watched Sesame Street and Reading Rainbow got upset by it. Still one of the best soundtracks ever made.

youtube.com/watch?v=LN3OLxHTq98

Why do we have to have some tryhard every time?

Catwoman in this is 100x better than in The Batman

That's a question you should be asking yourself.

Returns is better than 89, the winter atmosphere is great, the production is beautiful and the direction is much more confident. A lot of 89 is pretty damn clunky, though it remains fairly good overall.

Attached: Batman Returns titlecard.webm (900x488, 2.96M)

what is the better xmas movie, batman returns or die hard?

Returns is much more densely intertwined with the holiday season, it's just a bit of dressing in Die Hard

Movies before 2010 are based

Danny DeVito is based and I wish he got to be in more non-comedic kino

Ehh, others have gone farther. They Live is literally basically antisemitic propaganda despite the director trying to weasel out of it after the fact.

The story is a complete clusterfuck. There also overused the their one big set + people dressed like penguins during the final act.

This probably sounded cooler in your head

I just saw Get Shorty the other day, it's a comedy but DeVito is playing a much more understated role, of a pretentious actor no less.

Burton was a pretty consistent kinomeister from the mid 80s to the late 90s. Beetlejuice, both Batmans, Peewee, Ed Wood, Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas (yes I know he didn't direct it), Sleepy Hollow, Mars Attacks, it's a pretty underrated streak for a filmmaker.

Kinda seems like the Planet of the Apes remake was the big turning point and he's been hit or miss ever since with a lot more misses. He just doesn't seem to have the same consistent spark, maybe he does too many blockbusters or something and they dilute his style. He can still pull out a great one on occasion. But look at say, Dumbo, if you even saw that. Nothing in there has anything Burton in it, he's in total director for hire, paycheck mode, it could be made by anyone. But Batman Returns, a blockbuster, is totally immersed in his dark fantastical style, to the point it's arguably more Burton than Batman.

His stylings are maybe a little cliché now but I do miss that period when he was on fire creatively.

he's underrated despite being memed
he's goofy looking but a genuinely good actor

It is, probably, but I am more forgiving of broad plots and characters in Burton's films of that time because they're pretty explicitly like fairy tales, and more about their atmosphere and visuals than deep storytelling. Sleepy Hollow is the same, it's about that Hammer-esque feel and thrills more than its about complex character relationships, they're broadly drawn archetypes.

>They Live is literally basically antisemitic propaganda despite the director trying to weasel out of it after the fact.
Maybe but it’s hard to be sure. It works as a metaphor for ANY secret ruling elite from the masons to the illuminati to the Catholics and so on. You don’t even have to have heard of the jews for this to strike a chord.