What's his best work?

What's his best work?

Attached: Miyazaki-Hayao-2008.jpg (1600x1531, 310.07K)

Kiki’s Delivery Service, minimal environmentalist BS, great storytelling

Kiki's Delivery Service is his best movie, but Spirited Away is his best film.

>Magnum Opus Tier
Nausicaa manga
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke

>Poignant Masterpiece Tier
Only Yesterday
Porco Rosso

>Grand Adventure Tier
Nausicaa
Kiki's Delivery Service
Cagliostro
Future boy Conan

>Take me Homu Countly Load Tier
Whisper of the Heart
Heidi Girl of the Alps
Laputa
Totoro

>He's a Good boy he Dindu Nuffin Tier
Kingdom of Dreams & Madness
The Wind Rises

>Whimsical Fun tier
Pom Poko
Poppy Hill
Grave of the Fireflies
Arrietty

>Somewhat meh but still good tier
Marnie
Howls Moving Castle
Ponyo
Ocean Waves
Kaguya

>Nigga what the FUCK are you doing tier
Yamadas
Tales from Earthsea
Hayao Miyazaki himself
Ronja
The Cat Returns

Attached: porco 4.gif (500x283, 756.14K)

Porco Rosso or maybe castle in the sky. Never really got the hype about Spirited Away, I like when he tries to be more european and writes a conventional drama

the one where he shuts his mouth and takes the L

I never would have said Kiki's but I rewatched it and it is up there. I would go with Spirited away as his "apex" which somehow combines the best of Monoke and Kikis.

Howl's moving castle seems to be "trying" to be his best but it's simply amazing because he was already so good at what he did. The rest..meh..Nausicaä is embarrassing compared to the manga and everything else is too childlike for me.

Attached: Bridget_Fonda_Display_SINGLE_USE_Splash.jpg (1280x720, 221.03K)

None. They all suck.

>Whimsical Fun
>Grave of the Fireflies

I'm pro Goro.

Attached: earwig11.jpg (1451x2048, 816.62K)

the one that is the most popular and well known for the plebs

184 IQ here. Correct answer is: the wind rises

>calls everyone else pseuds
>is a pseud

People shit on this one a lot but I'm starting to get a weird hunch that if I actually sat down and watched it it'd be pleb filter.

It's actually one of Ghibli's funnier movies.
And even with the claymation-like CGI, it has some of the most expressive facial animations in all CGI until Turning Red came along and beat it.
Earwig's facial expressions in the film are great meme fodder.

watching that one documentary i do get the impression that hayao was too hard on his son and perhaps he's at the age where he hold on to old techniques for traditions sake instead of for their artistic value. on the other hand i completely agree with hayao when, for example, he told those cgi people that came to sell him on some movement simulation technology that their tech looked like shit. mindless use of innovative tech leads to horrible shit like the horrible berserk animated series. i wish they could just find a way to have tech help them create movies with the same visual appeal as spirited away without having to killing half their staff from overwork in the process.

princess mononoke and the wind rises are tied for his best, the wind rises is more cerebral and imaginative and remixes a ton of different ideas while mononoke is just peak modern mythology. after that would be totoro, the characters are probably his most genuine and believable, though the plot's pretty simple. below that would be his /comfy/ tier stuff, laputa, porco rosso, cagliostro, spirited away, kiki. howl's moving castle is barely decent, probably his most middling film imo, though still comfy. ponyo and cat returns fucking suck, great sleep aids though

If you think Grave of the Fireflies was whimsical fun you should get your head checked.

Attached: miyazaki.jpg (2064x1548, 591.61K)

>one of Ghibli's funnier movies.
You know I never really thought about the fact that Ghibli rarely if ever tries to do comedy. The closest thing is either little minor expressions or gestures, or just insane shit like all of Pom Poko.

Anime is such garbage for infantiles. This guys movies are so boring and bland for the lowest common denominator.

Filtered.

A bunch of those arent miyazki films dumbass.

Grow up.

Seethe.