How is it so good?

how is it so good?

Attached: MV5BNGYyNmI3M2YtNzYzZS00OTViLTkxYjAtZDIyZmE1Y2U1ZmQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4NjE0NjEy._V1_.jpg (1132x1600, 469.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zY5eUgfO7Ps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Superior Japanese animation folded over a thousand times.

It isn't.

it peaks with the "i love you" scene

ending misses the mark imo

It's not. It was like Summer Wars, Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Place Promised in Our Early Days mashed together. Basically a collection of modern anime tropes put together with really high production values. It was fine but I have no idea why it was such a big hit.

>Freaky Friday but it's anime and the characters are retarded
>plus romance out of nowhere
>BEST ANIME MOVIE EVER!!!

new anime bad old anime good

the music

Normalfag weebs praise this movie like the second coming of christ. Sure, it had amazing animation and music. But it had zero replayability, full of tropes and plotholes and it was predictable. You shouldve seen the comments when that dogfucker yms shat on it. Movie's a flat 5/10

I hate radwimps so fucking much.

I'm literally going to listen to them right now.

test.

Cheap copy-paste of the real thing, watch the real thing (Steins Gate)

Attached: dd8x8v4-62e42076-34e3-42ce-94c5-01547f4a7239.png (2050x1239, 1.17M)

Will it surpass it?

Attached: A42A9DCA-FC06-4039-9E66-DA7D59ECED49.jpg (750x1061, 161.46K)

Fuck off E;R, Steins Gate is overrated.

There has never been a single good anime. It's gross consoomer shit. Not art.

I like Shinkai but I'm too lazy to watch a full length movie so I just rewatch Hoshi no Koe over and over, because that's a gem

It's mogged by every other Makoto Shinkai movie.

Attached: maxresdefault (6).jpg (1024x576, 36.59K)

didn't this movie already came out years ago?

This.
Even best animes are subpar

A Silent Voice was much MUCH better

>3D anime
not even once

When I think of early 2010's Reddit hate I think of Stein's Gate. VN shit is always terrible. Then there's Mongatari. Fuck otaku bait.

What planet do you live on where Garden of Words looks has any CGI?

Go back tourist.
youtube.com/watch?v=zY5eUgfO7Ps

trailer didn't do much for me desu

It's not good at all. Who thought you could make a body swap romance boring?

All it has going for it is pretty scenery.

apples and oranges

Reminder it started off as a PSA one shot manga funded by Japan's sight and hearing disabilities organization that got turned into otaku pandering waifu bait for money.

Attached: rc8yuq89oyh21.jpg (605x949, 181.82K)

Quality of the animation certainly helps. And the shared struggle (bodyswapping, communicating using diaries/notes, and pretty much trying to fill each other's shoes when needed) is pretty much what puts this movie leagues above other anime movies. Plus, the twist that they're from different time points - before and after a meteor fall, and the bittersweet ending, which is the only time they meet face-to-face, but have idea/aren't sure who the other person is, improve the quality of Kimi No Na Wa.

>Not even close, baby.

This whole movie is a rip off of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time just with more pandering.

Director honestly peaked with Your Name. Weathering With You wasn't nearly as good and I couldn't make past it the first 7 minutes. I'm cautious about pic related.

Why not?

If you like emotional anime, make sure not to skip over Maquia.