ITT: actors that are famous for being famous

Clooney is a meme. Brad Pitt, Leo, these guys are actors that had some good roles. Clooney is famous because he’s handsome and is a celebrity. He’s in some good movies, but he has no iconic roles or lines.

Attached: Clooney.jpg (1080x1440, 428.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_(2013_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syriana
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Perfect_Storm_(film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I find it hard to disagree. I really do think Clooney was only famous for being handsome. He's not even in stuff anymore so you should probably get over him.
I can't even think of one iconic George Clooney role. People will tell you they love the Ocean's trilogy but people love the movies and not his performance.

I don't know about that but I didn't realize From Dusk Till Dawn basically launched his celebrity career.

O Brother Where Art Thou was a pretty big deal.
Nominated for 2 Oscars
8 wins & 39 nominations total
Budget
$26,000,000 (estimated)
Gross worldwide
$71,870,729

He was really good in Burn After Reading and pic related
So if he has a good script he's a good actor

all of his fame was tabloid driven, they used to have the power to push pet projects to the a-list even with dogshit resumes like clooney

Forgot pic

Attached: 024462R1.jpg (833x1250, 717.68K)

>O Brother Where Art Thou
>Michael Clayton
>Solaris
All great films in which Clooney's performances were solid.

DiCaprio is a legitimately great actor. Pitt is probably the worst of the 3; he's just had the advantage of being in some of the greatest films ever made.

He was great in some Coen kinos, where’s his fame?

Attached: PeterStromare.jpg (1200x901, 227.78K)

i dont think i'd call any of those 3 great, and o brother was just oscar bait that isnt that fun to watch

>he never saw Kalifornia
Brad’s the best actor of the three imo

Attached: KaliforniaEarly.jpg (800x540, 89.9K)

I strongly disagree with all of this but there is some truth to it. In addition to whats been mentioned he was actually also a celebrity for being related to the celebrity Rosemary Clooney who sang Mambo Italiano. Very big deal with boomers apparently. Not just her but the fact he was her nephew.

I think he's a much better actor than Brad Pitt though which I don't really think is saying a whole lot but still. ER was also a very big deal but as I recall that only really became a big deal after the fact in reruns.

>o brother was just oscar bait
No it wasn't you shithead.

Duality of man

I have seen it, and I think I might have to agree.

Pitt was good as Jesse James, too. He actually managed to almost disappear into the character.

>...thing about winning an Academy Award...we are a little bit out of touch in Hollywood...civil rights when it wasn't really popular...talked about AIDS when it was just being whispered...we all gave Hattie McDaniel an Oscar in 1939 when blacks were still sitting in the back...proud to be a part of the...Oscar winner, George Clooney, sexiest man alive.

Clooneys grew up a stones throw from me. Really.

Where do I live?

>Clooney is famous because he’s handsome and is a celebrity
Clooney got famous for being handsome as fuck and at least acting as a good character in the TV show ER zoomer
He then got typecast as the suave charismatic female eye candy in loads of shit flicks just like Matthew machonoghey did but eventually did some good acting in his later years
Men who stare at goats, syriana, monument men and O brother where art thou are all great acting from clooney

Your mom's house

Clooney was born on May 6, 1961, in Lexington, Kentucky.[14][15] His mother, Nina Bruce (née Warren),[16] was a beauty queen and city councilwoman. His father, Nick Clooney, is a former anchorman and television host, including five years on the AMC network.[17] Clooney is of Irish, German, and English ancestry.[18] His maternal great-great-great-great-grandmother, Mary Ann Sparrow, was the half-sister of Nancy Lincoln, mother of President Abraham Lincoln.[19][20][21] Clooney has an older sister named Adelia (known as Ada).[22] Cabaret singer and actress Rosemary Clooney was an aunt.[14] Through Rosemary, his cousins include actors Miguel Ferrer, Rafael Ferrer, and Gabriel Ferrer, who is married to singer Debby Boone.[23]

He was Batman. Yeah, remember when Clooney was in ER, a massive hit TV show? Did you think he was famous from Roseanne you stupid fucking zooners. How about lurking moar? Life I mean, before spewing your trashy takedowns of the last legitimate movie stars and not your corny flavor of the week meme actors.

>Solaris
Is an insult to cinema. They just remade a perfectly fine movie, worse and with most of its subtext/meaning gone.
It was like if you remade the seventh seal into a silly romance.

Augusta Kentucky

None of these were big hits yet Clooney is put on the level of Tom Cruise

Close enough. Bracken County.

Dude ER was the most watched show in the country. It literally went global.

It was better than the original

I sincerely hope this makes you seethe, Tarkovskyfag.

Honestly I remember Clooney being a big deal on ER but looking at the facts it doesnt seem to add up. According to imdb he was only in 8 episodes and then sure enough he wouldnt star in what looks like jack shit for another entire decade. I think its some kind of mandella effect and he wouldnt actually become famous for that until after the fact. Unless he was actually in more than 8 episodes.

It was not, and no, not in the slightest, I have nothing but disdain for amerimutts which you so obviously are.

I've rewatched it plenty. It's very fun to watch. Autistic bitch boy gtfo

Clooney's first major role came in 1984 in the short-lived CBS sitcom E/R (not to be confused with ER, the long-running medical drama).

Clooney's first major role came in 1984 in the short-lived CBS sitcom E/R (not to be confused with ER, the long-running medical drama).

He was the first actor to go from tv to film successfully in the 90”s you fucking zoomer

Some people become iconic anyway because their face and voice makes them unique. Morgan Freeman doesn't really have an iconic role yet everyone knows him. Clooney's suave salt and pepper gentleman character can be inserted in to pretty much any movie and it'll work because his presence can carry a story.

E/R is an American sitcom that aired on CBS from September 16, 1984, to February 27, 1985.[1]

Developed from the play of the same name created and produced by the Organic Theater Company under the direction of Stuart Gordon.

Yes, that Stuart Gordon.

>None of these were big hits yet Clooney is put on the level of Tom Cruise
I was mentioning movies I like his acting in, he has been in bigger movies.
here are a few you might not remember
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_(2013_film)
fucking huge movie, massive financial return and won oscars (I don't like it myself)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syriana
Earned him an oscar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Perfect_Storm_(film)
This was huge late 90s

He has been a bankable star for decades because he is charismatic, handsome, pretty good acting.
Tom cruise can barely fucking act and he is on the same level of clooney when it comes to being bankable

>I have nothing but disdain for amerimutts
Because Americans have more masterpieces than your countrymen?

It must be frustrating, but you shouldn't let jealousy get the better of you, mate.

>I don't know about that but I didn't realize From Dusk Till Dawn basically launched his celebrity career.
It was ER.

Has everyone forgot about oceans 11

They don't have more masterpieces than Italian cinema, no.

Oh yea everyone remembers the cultural touchstone that is The Perfect Storm. All three were after he was flaunted as le ebin movie star.

>Oceans 11
That’s what made me think of the topic, the movie’s draw is that it was a bunch of famous actors working together. Yet it’s probably his most iconic movie.

Everyone seems to think it would be the same movie if you took him out of it.

Notable early successes were three kings and a perfect storm. Clooney is a good actor. What he had was exposure. By the time he was out of ER he was world famous. He could star in anything.

That’s what the original is retard… the literal rat pack

>This was huge late 90s
Do you live some place other than North America or are under 30 years old? I'm neither and that wasnt really how I remembered it which the facts seem to support but it does in fact look like it made a big splash overseas.

i liked him in that perfect storm movie

>three kings
>perfect storm
Makes sense that I would not understand Clooney’s fame because they are mostly forgotten