We've got this all figured out now, right?

We've got this all figured out now, right?

Attached: Mulholland_Dr-783721234-large.jpg (808x1200, 159.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EUn5OH9PpvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

Attached: 1652726375253.webm (608x454, 2.97M)

No, I still don't get it. I don't think you're supposed to "get" Lynch movies.

A bum girl fantasizes about being a famous celebrity

Llorano

there's nothing to figure out
the movie's a depiction of a dreamlike state
dreams rarely make sense
stop stressin'

damn this a black mans dream right here

It's basically Sunset Boulevard. Brainlets tie themselves in knots trying to come with some le wacky explanation for what is a pretty simple story. I think a lot of morons see surreal filmmaking and immediately try to solve it like it's some kind of riddle. You should be enchanted by what you see, not be compelled to autistically match what you see on screen to some idea of a plot.

Yes, jar jar was the key to all of it.

People wouldn't be so confused if Lynch himself didn't treat it like a puzzle and even guide people to try and figure it out

0-50: Diane dreams she's Rita who also dreams
50-70: Diane dreams she's Betty
70-120: Diane dreams she's Rita
120-150: time to wake up pretty girl

Diane dreams she's Rita who dreams she's the eyebrow man who dreams he's the midget who recalls the hitman. And that's provable.

I don't get the feeling that Lynch treats his films like puzzles whatsoever. His thing is making classic American movies with a surreal style. I hear idiots saying things like Twin Peaks is a parody or deconstruction of a soap opera. It isn't. It's a surreal soap opera. And there's a difference between these things that some people will never parse because they don't care about enjoying an imaginative world on screen. They want autistic and didactic information rather than artistry.

>I don't get the feeling that Lynch treats his films like puzzles whatsoever.
The dvd literally comes with a list of clues to figure it out and Lynch infamously micromanaged the entire home video release e.g. no chapter breaks

yup, all dishonest filmmaking
meaning it only warrants dishonest critiques

Rita/Diane also dreams the cop scene. It is the first of numerous scenes that take place right after Rita's shown falling asleep.

Sam Schacher the host of Daily Blast Live was the person in the passenger side of the car standing up though the sunroof that hit Rita in case anyone's interested in that.

Attached: Sam-Schacher-Photo-1-e1568762334623-682x1024.png (682x1024, 851.28K)

It stinks and I don’t like it

Attached: BC4880AA-AC36-49DE-ADC5-5E3380F4FC13.jpg (542x414, 164.26K)

The answer is not fucking glamorous and an old shame quite frankly; hence why Lynch won't give a straight answer.

The first half of the film was was made in 1999 as a pilot for a new TV show Lynch pitched ABC about two women in Hollywood and one has amnesia. ABC rejected the pilot and Lynch sat on it for about a year before he decided to rework it as a movie.

The pilot ended right before they enter Club Silencio and didn't have any lesbian stuff. It's also why there are subplots galore; the creepiness at the diner, Mark Pellegrino's hapless hitman and Justin Theroux's human punching bag director characters were supposed to be subplots that would play out as the series progress and they would tie into the two women looking for Rita's past.

Lynch filmed lesbian sex scenes for the reshoot and came up with the idea of going back to the well he drew from for Lost Highway and basically made the final third of the film be a completely different story. The characters are different people, the sad sack director is a huge hit and fucking one of the women and the other is a bitter failure jealous that her lesbian crush is famous and she's not/got a boyfriend. So she hires the hitman to kill her crush and it's implied that she's insane and the first two-thirds of the film are her hallucinating to deal with the guilt of murdering her crush complete with subplot about monsters at the diner representing the horror under the surface of Hollywood, the director who stole her girl being a loser, and the hitman being hapless as far as her wishing he was incompetent enough not to do the job and fail.

Diane is clearly shown waking up at about the 2 hour mark i.e. 80% of the film and she is also clearly shown going to sleep at the beginning of the film. The amount of times characters are shown going to sleep, waking up, etc. is probably around ten. Even when Rita's face is buried in her hands as she's insisting to Betty that she doesn't remember but there's "something" even functions this way narratively as the film cuts to the 2nd hitman scene as I recall with the hooker and henchman getting into the 2nd blue van shown in the film. The first being followed by the conspiratorial old couple in the beginning.

>David Lynch loves LA
>sees women being exploited every day in the Hollywood industry
>makes a movie about it with LYNCHED overtones

That's basically it and it's kino.

>monsters at the diner representing the horror under the surface of Hollywood
That's Camilla's burned, decayed and reanimated corpse. 1. It's specifically played by a woman. 2. It lives behind the place where Camilla's murder was planned and paid for. The hobo's location has everything to do with a murder and nothing to do with the film industry. 3. The hobo is seen by Dan the eyebrow man after the diner scene which contains numerous similarities and juxtapostions to the scene where Diane arranges Camilla's murder.
4. The Winkie's scene with the hobo and Dan takes place immediately after Rita is shown falling asleep.

Diane is dreaming she's Rita not Betty. At least for the majority of the time. Apparently the big superstardom stuff or whatever like the audition is in fact Diane dreaming she's Betty and The Silencio scene seems to imply this.

my wife when I get home

and the Winkie's scene also ends with another cut back to Rita sleeping. Lynch was obviously very concerned with us knowing that Rita was still asleep.

It’s about da movies

>thinking the meaning of a film can be determined by how it was made

The ABSOLUTE state...

Don't care since every scene is kino on its own

The Little Black Book is a reference to Epstein's own.

>the history of the world in phone numbers

Is right there man.

youtu.be/EUn5OH9PpvM

Spam?