Let's be honest, this deserved to flop

The movie was a total mess. It seemed like it was gonna be some epic Vinland Saga tier movie, but it ended up predictable (all according to le prophecy), cringe (ugly add valkyrie, no stakes ever because muh destiny, idea of leaving his girl behind immediately going wrong and being reversed, etc), with very shitty romance (completely plot determined z not organic at all), overdrawn with the magic sword shit (he could quite literally have his revenge on day one) s
and with a rushed ending

Attached: images (9) (4).jpg (455x674, 38.75K)

artfags shouldn't try to make action movies

Was about as good as any season of Vikings after the second one. So wouldn't rewatch.

Attached: 1648489247559.jpg (1080x1155, 226.36K)

Source me up on the cutie

b-but muh historical accuracy...

True, we can't let anything other than capeshit succeed!

>pretending Vinland Saga is good

opinion discarded

i want to kiss anya's eyes

>tranime fag filtered by kino
Nothing new

This so much this.

THE ACTION SCENES WERE TERRIBLE!!

The "destiny" wasn't real. The protag was just a stubborn jackass who wouldn't give up.

>great well known cast
>classic premise
>had le epic shirtless white BVLL
What the fuck happened?
how could this movie flop harder than even the worst capeshit flick?

Attached: Asian mog.jpg (640x1385, 142K)

It wasn't my favourite movie I'm not a retarded plotfag who tears it apart because it was "predictable" (very obvious Hamlet homage, no problem with that) or that the character wasn't rational (that was literally the point), it could be slow and poorly paced at times yeah, but the cast were great, the cinematography was great and the set/costume designs really pulled you into that time period. A solid 7/10, the normies saying it was shit are just mad because the marketing promised more action.

i love the lighthouse and the witch but this movie did dissapoint me the only good scenes are the ones with shamans

But I thought all that mattered is no brown people and all white cast
I was told that was an automatic recipe for money and success
Bros what happened

>Bros what happened

Nothing happened. The Northman was great and it looked good enough that I watched it (and ended up enjoying it). A white cast is a recipe for success in terms of quality but that doesn't translate into money anymore. Capeshit is seemingly the only thing that the mindless masses will all go out and pay for.
It's sad that people have to make these disingenuous posts in every Northman thread but I don't mind because the stuff you like is all filtered regardless of how much money it made.

nice blogpost

>ugly add valkyrie
fag

Attached: valkyrie.png (738x980, 665.26K)

I'm a huge Anya fetishist but even she couldn't carry this trash

>artfags shouldn't try to make action movies
It wasn't an action movie. If you made that assumption that's on you.