Netflix lays off 150 employees amid subscriber decline

How much in trouble are they in?
>Streaming giant Netflix is laying off an additional 150 employees as of Tuesday, the company confirmed to NPR. The labor restructuring is the latest signal of a major shift within the company as it reported a decline in subscribers for the first time in a decade.

>This month, layoffs of employees and contractors for the Netflix fan site Tudum made waves online. People criticized the company for letting go of staff who had been recently recruited and for the lack of internal marketing of their work.

>The employees let go on Tuesday are "mostly U.S.-based," a Netflix spokesperson told NPR in a statement.

>"These changes are primarily driven by business needs rather than individual performance, which makes them especially tough as none of us want to say goodbye to such great colleagues," the spokesperson said.

>Netflix is making these changes to rein in costs amid the slowing revenue growth revealed during its first-quarter earnings call.
npr.org/2022/05/17/1099605677/netflix-lays-off-150-employees-amid-subscriber-decline-revenue-costs

Attached: gettyimages-1392608774-c967bece2a0b71a477e1016238e728be4321df89-s800-c85.jpg (800x600, 56.46K)

A lot if they had 150 staff they didn't even need.

Its time to forget netflix, they take their creative freedom to their head and just shit out garbage every single time.

They didn't go woke enough

So nows the time to buy up shares right?

Still not subscribing. Stop with the woke propaganda and I might think about it.

>decade of programming leftist ideology into children
>"thats it, I'm canceling!"
>slow rolls the woke propaganda for a year to get you to resubscribe
>continues the woke propaganda for another decade until you stop paying again
Its no wonder leftists win the culture war, you retards let them earn your trust back with false promises

Also, the 150 employees they fired were the last of the goy males. Just took them this long to train up their heckin diverse replacements.

not really. I always found that netflix being labeled a tech company and valued as such was bullshit
they dont have any tech unavailable to others.
they are more similar to an ailing media company.

I've read articles about Netflix decline and sharp dip in value but what actually happened?

They haven't done anything catastrophically bad from what I can tell

>Laughs in pyccкий

OMG LESS THAN 2% of their entire workforce

It's a mix of factors. The primary factor is that they are no longer the big dog in stream town. Every network and their grandmother has a stream platform now, and many of the viewing options are free. They also lost a lot of their more popular older content like Friends to other networks. The woke shit is a whole other can of worms. No doubt they lost a lot of people over the years because of their agenda pushing, but it's really the competition that opened the floodgates.

they burn $20 billion a year on original content and just reached cash flow positive in the last couple of years. they reported subscriber losses in the last couple quarters. its no sustainable at these rates. they are still in massive debt

get over the whole "woke" shit talking points. they also showed CUTIES unapologetically and told their employees they can quit if they dont like their content

>get over the whole "woke" shit talking points.
No I don't think I will. I was one of the many who cancelled my sub for that very specific reason. I even wrote that shit in the little window to explain why I was cancelling. Fuck em.

so was it the show about the sexualization of underage girls or the one about the comedian btfo trannies that was so woke it made you rage quit?

Well, yeah, that, and their content is fucking trash. Ever watch a netflix original documentary? Fucking wretched. Especially when they try to do recreations/dramatizations. It's like they hired that Indian guy who makes clickbait youtube videos.

also, im not buying for a second that you ever had a sub to begin with. you probably just lost your leech login and now you larp about it

Disney is one of their major competitors and they are just as deep in the woke shit. More likely people canceling because they’ve lost so many popular catalog shows and their original content quality is wildly inconsistent.

Literally believe what you want I don't give a fuck. I said my piece.

Not him, but I quit after that "dear white people" show. I was kinda just sick of it at that point. I used to be liberal on a lot of stuff, but the whole "bashing white people is hip and cool" thing really seemed like it started ramping up around that time, and it really made me reconsider my outlook.

You already have a couple good answers but I'd just like to add they've completely mastered the art of creating a show, putting out one or two seasons, and then cancelling it out of nowhere when there clearly was more planned. I can't imagine that's good for subscriber retention.

Wow, that's almost 1% of their total employees

name some of these alleged woke shows that caused you to allegedly cancel

btw they have over 17,000 titles available

FAGMANbros, this can't be happening!

I watched the first season if dear white people and I remember the main character was the host of this college radio show where she shittalked white people but she secretely had a white dad and was obsessed with white dick. that show was based.

This sounds exactly like a repeat of the decline of Buzzfeed.

150 doesn't really seem like a lot to stop the bleeding.

lol, you ragequit over one show nobody made you watch. you really showed them

it was the negroes

I'll add (perhaps anecdotally) that over the years their shift from movies to original content has ruined the concept. What started as a movie library (in theory) turned into blockbuster. We'll have a movie for a few weeks! Then on to the next, sorry missed your window!