If they just added the option to manually rename things from within the application itself and maybe some more...

If they just added the option to manually rename things from within the application itself and maybe some more customization options to make it look more personalized and unique then it would be perfect.

Attached: 093012CE-51BA-4CA9-85A3-0C1F6058169E.jpg (400x400, 11.18K)

It's already pretty good 2bh.

>If they just added the option to manually rename things from within the application
you can already do this

Yeah but I hate having to do the plex dance with my files from time to time to get shit to work. Also hate how bad it is with shows that have multiple episodes per episode like when each 30 minute episodes contains two 15 minute segments with different titles. If you could just rename it in the application then it would be a complete non issue and it seems like a huge oversight to not include such a simple option.

Only low IQ retards use Plex. Enjoy your ads and other garbage continually pushed on you.

Attached: finned.png (431x431, 35.8K)

Not that I’ve seen. You can rename the actual files in your folders but if it figures out what the show or movie is it automatically names it based on what it finds on imdb or tvdb or whatever.

I don’t get ads on plex and from my understanding jelly is still behind plex in terms of support across different platforms (i.e. being able to stream to any device you want)

You can literally rename every movie or show. You are a retard.

Shit you’re right. I never saw the option and my friend who showed me plex to begin with never mentioned it either when we talked about it. I will concede that I am a retard. Still wish I could change the colors though.

>don't use that closed source eco system botnet that requires a companion app player and dosn't interact with standard upnp/dlna client in every tv in the past 10 years, use this one that is exactly the same
they are all dogshit, and so are you.

plex will be dead by 2025 if not sooner. for years they've been straying-away from the main use-case of plex and have been shitting the app with adware-content nobody wants. now they're making integration with all the streaming services, and i guarantee you in a few years you will only be able to add purchased content from itunes or amazon to your library.

I never figured out how to get Steins;Gate and 0 properly tagged.

Just use jellyfin then

Absolutely based. I switched to Jellyfin a year or 2 ago and regret absolutely nothing.

I just put steins;gate on mine yesterday. Seemed to work fine. Cowboy bebop took me a bit because I had the files named as session 1, session 2, etc. like how it is in the show and plex wasn’t having it. It worked once I changed them to the standard format of s01e01 and so on though.

I want to dedicate an old spare laptop to torrenting
How can I access that laptop remotely from inside and outside network in order to add magnets, check progress and move some files to my Nvidia shield's external drive? old laptop and shield are on the same network
gui would be awesome

>moving files onto your Shield
That's not what it's for. You install Jellyfin on your Shield and on your laptop. Use Sonarr+Prowlarr to download everything automatically too.

sonarr fucking haets anime unfortunatel

qbittorrent has a web application, you can use that. You can also route its traffic through a SOCKS5 proxy if you are using a VPN like Nord
googling "how to torrent remotely" will probably be your best bet

its because the retarded anime scene can't name their releases correctly

i dont use a vpn, my country doesnt care about torrents (i think). Should I use an SOCKS or a VPN if I want to access the laptop from out of network?