What am I in for? I like ambitious, no holds barred...

What am I in for? I like ambitious, no holds barred, zero fucks given smorgasbords of creativity and vibrance (even ones that don't fully work in a screenwriting sense), not the biggest fan of juvenile humour but I can look past it

Attached: images.jpg (738x415, 27.01K)

feel-good sci-fi film that has a lot of fun. that's about it. i liked it.

>character has a gay daughter
Good thing Jackie passed on this

>not the biggest fan of juvenile humour
Might be rough on you then. A lot of the juvenile parts actually lead to some of the more warmhearted moments, but there are a couple moments that take it too far and just become unfunny because of it.
I really liked the movie though. It was kind of fucking cute.

You already know what you're in for just watch it and decide for yourself

Sounds like Swiss army man which I was mid on.

Not quite as batshit as you might be thinking but not quite as much juvenile humor, either. It has enough going for it to be worth seeing.

the message of the film is you can't fix your shitty life (or the world) even if you have godlike powers, so you just need to accept things as they are.

ya know, in case you were wondering why the movie is being shilled so hard

Is this movie unironically worth watching? I see it shilled on here, but also see people seemingly who genuinely liked it.

Then you’ll probably like it, because that’s at the forefront. There is juvenile humor, but if you can look past it you can still appreciate the creativity. It’s overhype status, at least for me, isn’t a sign of it being a perfect movie to rave over, but going in so many directions that it offers something for everyone.

>I like ambitious, no holds barred, zero fucks given smorgasbords of creativity and vibrance
It's literally just alternate universe or multi verse trope we've seen 1000s of times with some action. It's like maniac series. Nothing to see here.

It's literally the opposite.

have you considered touching grass?

This is a film that filters only the most joyless, sexless, and angry chudcels

>chud

Invalidated

Attached: 20220121_204431.jpg (640x311, 28.3K)

If you really like Twitch streams and saying POGGERS then this is the movie for you. If not you'll probably find it mediocre.

You are in for the kino of the year.

>posting Yeoh
>on a Rothrock board
ooof

Attached: rothrock.jpg (699x739, 355.27K)

All the comedy fell completely flat for me, and the dramatic moments were undermined by painfully cringe food or sex jokes. Incredibly tedious film and even my mates who liked it agreed that it was 45 minutes too long, incredibly exhausting by the final act.

this was cringe but the daughter character was terrible anyway. Should have just focused on the relationship between Evelyn and her husband and father. Not sure how the villain plotline would play out, but anything would be better than "Jobu Tobaki"

Much worse than Swiss Army Man, which I liked. I commend it for being ambitious but overall it was a real wasted opportunity for an otherwise good premise

Nah it was pretty shit. 3/10. Go see the Northman or that sandra Bullock movie or some shit

>villain plotline
>Anything would be better than "Jobu Tobaki''
>this was cringe but the daughter character was terrible anyway
>Should have just focused on the relationship between Evelyn and her husband and father.
We got our selfs a CinemaSinstard right here.

what is sci-fi about it?

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.
I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of the chair for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.
>Ayy quirky A24 movie lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

It tried too hard to be sentimental, I would have respected it more if it fully committed to just being a wacky kung fu comedy.

Just watch it ffs, it's good, Any Forums are too cynical to enjoy anything anymore.

That and “owning nothing = happiness,” as the happiest version is the one who just spins a sign.

Kill yourself normal freak

It's an appeal to nihilism that, before you get a chance to be an asshole about it, says "no, not mopey crybaby nihilism, joyful nothing-matters-and-you-should-be-liberated-by-that nihilism"

Also, in the beginning, characters talk grandfather and you hope in the back of your mind; please be James Hong, please be James Hong, and then it is

Attached: bxx3nvwwvos31.jpg (1440x1370, 614.65K)