So you'd just walk in and pick something to watch?

So you'd just walk in and pick something to watch?

Attached: 1098309442.jpg (700x400, 46.79K)

Attached: 1651777140791.jpg (1000x700, 280.82K)

Yeah and it was all free. Zoomers will NEVER understand.

typically id walk in to blockbuster, see nothing but generic normie shit. and drive down the street to the mom and pop shop for REAL kino video store experience

Attached: videostore.jpg (768x960, 357.35K)

>Zoomers will never understand the pain of putting a VHS tape in the player only for the end of the movie to start playing

back in the 90s I had a PS1 with a mod chip. I would go to my mom and pop rental place and burn all their playstation games to CD. I wish I could go back

blockbuster was shit, tired of these nostalgic millennials shitting up my board

yeah and buy snacks to eat while watching/playing whatever you got

Hollywood Video wasnt TOO bad for a chain place, def better than Jewbuster Video anyday

If mommy and uncle ray let you.

Sometimes I would even just rent the same thing I rented last time

>I would go to my mom and pop rental place and burn all their playstation games to CD
Based, I used to do the same.

Attached: never-pay.png (960x720, 30.85K)

My goth crush in high school worked at the Family Video in the strip mall. I always tried to rent the most pretentious garbage so she'd think I was cool.
Anyway we made out in her car summer after senior year and then we never saw each other again.

Yeah and then you'd get home and the DVD would be scratched to shit and wouldn't play properly so then you either had your plans for the night soured or you'd drive all the way back to blockbuster, tell the staff the disc doesn't work, watch as they put it back on the shelf for some other sucker to rent and then take your chances at renting another movie.

blockbuster was good for new releases because they were the place almost guarenteed to have them in stock since they had so many copies available. but for old kino especially culty stuff and horror, a good mom and pop couldnt be beat if you was an 70s and 80s horror fanatic like i was as a teen

Attached: 1a6e982b3b4a09960af66c8864cca99e.jpg (640x640, 105.38K)

Early Millennials are in their midlives so they're wondering where the time has gone, and the middle millennials will be getting there soon. Nostalgia threads are already all over Any Forums, and it's only going to get worse as the middle and late millennials approach their mid-lives.

We're going to reach nostalgia threads critical mass then.

I thank blockbuster for getting me into anime they always had a good selection

the worst is Gen-Z faggots trying to ape our video store culture despite never living to experience it. i see all these zoomer instathots and boys with the zoomer broccoli hair being all #VHSLyFE and posting themselves posing with vhs boxes they got at thrift stores and trying to transform their bedrooms into video store wtf is this shit??? video stores are ours! you cant have them kiddo!

I only had that happen once and it was a game. It was FF9 and it couldn't get past the intro cutscene.

hollywood videos was better

There is a video rental store in my town. It's a nice comfy Friday night going down there and reliving my child hood

theres a video store 3 towns over from me thats somehow never went out of business i think people still go for the vintage factor now has a lot of hipsters in there everytime i go who seem to go there because WOW SO RETRO DUDE!! its just not the same because they tried to make it all hip now with a section where faggots read poetry and they serve espressos, fucking gay, i still go once in a while because they have a section of used movies for sale and i sometimes find something good id wanna own

you can literally do all of that right now on your pc from the comfort of your own home.

nostalgiafaggots are actually retarded

Yes

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1800x1200, 382.2K)

we had video stores

zoomers had..... THIS

fucking lmao

Attached: Redbox-Codes.jpg (900x675, 47.68K)