Will we ever get fighting kino like this again? The newer Rocky-lite (Creed) films aren't as good as the Rocky movies...

Will we ever get fighting kino like this again? The newer Rocky-lite (Creed) films aren't as good as the Rocky movies. I would blame it on the Creed films being predictable but so are the Rocky films and they're still so much better.

also, state your favorite Rocky film Any Forums

Attached: stallone_lundgren.jpg (1400x1050, 167.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=swo51-CG9Ss
youtube.com/watch?v=wPxqcq6Byq0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The new films are up their asses. Rocky 4 is garbage of the highest order.

III > II > I > C > IV > CII > VI/RB > V
Will still probably watch CIII when it comes out at the end of this year.

>Will still probably watch CIII when it comes out at the end of this year.
There's another one coming?

Rocky IV is indeed garbage, but Dolph Lundgren saves whatever scenes he's in. Which he does not always do. Masters of the Universe was saved by Frank Langella hamming it up.

Attached: skeletor.jpg (1280x720, 71.37K)

>Rocky 4 is garbage of the highest order.
I mean this in a good way, to be clear.

have y'all not seen the new one thats a directors cut? it's pure kino

Rocky 1 is probably the best one followed by 4 or Balboa.
Haven't seen Creed.

Does it have Hearts on Fire still? If not, I'm not interested.
youtube.com/watch?v=swo51-CG9Ss

The Creed problem is that the lead is an uncharismatic nigger.

The only great Rocky movie is the first one.

Agreed on all points. Plus Dolph was at his biggest in MotU, which was awesome to see. Beastmaster is the superior film, though.

Rocky 1 > 2 > 4 >3 > Balboa > 5 > Creed 1 > Creed 2

Creed sucks because Apollo's son is just some spoiled douchebag with an attitude problem and not a real underdog unlike Apollo or Rocky

The solution is simple: bring back Carl Weathers in dream sequences.

Attached: 10.5.17CarlWeathersByLuigiNovi12.jpg (2698x2926, 2.27M)

Everything after Rocky II was a cash grab. Rocky II was as good if not better then Rocky I

Rocky 2 is the empire strikes back of the franchise

It's weird that there's no UFC movies. They just gave up after the late 2000s

OP here just gonna name a few fight kinos I liked
The Fighter with Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale
Southpaw with Jake Gyllenhaal
Warrior with Tom Hardy and that other guy (forgot his name)

rocky is obv the best and a classic but rocky 3 is my personal favourite to watch

UFCfags are autists, making fiction for them is pointless because they'd only care about accuracy.

Cash grabs in the past were usually more high effort than nowadays

It's incredible how much cooler Apollo Creed is than his son whose name I can't even remember right now

seems boring 2bh outside of a tiny few standout ones even with it's dedicated fanbase
my only real exposure to it is when podcasters start rattling off about it and they're just listing off 100s of names of random fighters (ALL apparently unstoppable savages blah blah) and I never hear about any of them
and now that Conor doesn't seem to be fighting anymore its just reverting back to niche irrelevance

Now that boxing is becoming extremely popular with zoomers we're likely gonna have a rocky remake sooner than later

Attached: drmikeiddubz.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

>we're likely gonna have a rocky remake sooner than later
Cast it

Its hard to simulate a fake fight with mma gloves because they have less padding unlike boxing. That auses the fights to look extra fake because it's hard for actors to get actually hit in the face and not break character, or use some camera angles that make it even more clear it's fake. Boxing doesn't need that editing bs to imply someone got hit

Warrior with Tom Hardy did it well

Ididathing as Rocky

Attached: ididathing.webm (809x455, 2.49M)

I would assume it's something Creed, considering the surname. I'll just call him Disappointing Creed Junior.

Imagine something like

>Tom Holland as Rocky
>Jaden Smith as Apollo
>Timothee Chalamet as Ivan Drago

Zoomer rockyykx0a

>cast meme actors like Mister T and Hulk Hogan in your award-winning franchise
>also add a robot, kids love that shit
>high effort

They're not into boxing, they're into eceleb drama, the boxing is a byproduct.

Not UFC, but similar (*cough*and Indian*cough). It's actually quite good. About a wrestler turned mixed martial artist.
youtube.com/watch?v=wPxqcq6Byq0

Attached: Sultan.jpg (762x1045, 108.97K)

Thanks for proving my point.

> state your favorite Rocky film Any Forums

I liked the one where Rocky was beaten in the early part of the movie but then came back after training hard and won at the end.

Attached: 1598610678586.jpg (548x577, 49.97K)